GT3 AI Shanghai GP Circuit

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bee, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Bee

Bee Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    Currently i will test the circuits with the Porsche GTR3. AI difficulty @ 115% / max cars / Get real / all TC settings in the car setup screen at 0% (i think i have turned of TC completely this way, if not, please let me know) / Fuel on / tire wear on

AI:
    Turn 1 Entry: AI brakes early and goes wide
    Turn 1 Mid corner: AI must lift due to the fact it runs too wide
    Turn 1 Exit (going from 1 into 2): at the absolute last point they turn in
    Consequence: they are an easy target at turn one from the inside.

Turn 6 entry defend: AI tend to cut the corner over the kerbs and grass

Turn 11: They tend to cut the corner over the kerbs and grass

Turn 14: AI tend to brake too late overshooting the corner a lot.
    Turn 14: defend: they tend to cut the corner over kerbs and grass

Turn 16 exit: AI takes it very wide (4 wheels off track on kerbs). Sometimes the AI keep the speed but lots of times the speed drops heavy(?) which makes it easy target way before start finish

Overall: It seems that the AI starts to defend way too early. When i am far away i see the AI already defending the corner, loosing lots of speed as they often cut the corner over the kerbs and grass while i use the whole track. AI should start to defend when im on their tail.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Bee

Bee Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    GT3 AI Bathurst

Overall the AI is pretty good. They are slow at some corners:

Turn 3 Griffins Bend: AI tend to brake too early. They brake just before the corner while i tend to brake mid corner.

Turn 4 The Cutting. Coming out of Griffins Bend, the AI also brakes for The Cutting while the speed is low enough to roll though the cutting. A more fluid speed for the AI between Griffins Bend and the Cutting is desirable. -> brake mid Griffins Bend, shift down to third -> still on brakes back to second -> steer in the Cutting of gas let the car roll.

Turn 6 Quarry corner: the AI runs wide often hitting the wall.

Turn 9 Frog Hollow: AI often brakes before the corner while letting of gas would suffice to bleed of speed.

Turn 18 Forrest Elbow: The AI brakes very hard. For my feeling too hard but maybe i race the wrong line....i can't tell as this is the most difficult corner for me on entry and exit (i tend to hit the barrier a lot).

AI side by side: turn 21 the chase. When two AI's are side by side, the inside AI cuts the corner over kerbs and grass (same behaviour seens in Pcars). Same for turn 23 Murrays Corner.
    AI also starts to defend to early and if defending while i attack they tend to cut corners over kerbs and grass

Overall the AI is quit good. Racing this track against the AI really gives me the liquid moly feeling because it is so damn hard to take over cars.