Problem GT4 Class AI issues

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by MattStone, Jan 23, 2019.

1. MattStone

MattStone Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    Over the last few weeks I've been testing out all the tracks whilst driving the GT4 Class KTM
    For each track I did 3x 6 lap races.
    I've also been observing the results in the aiadaption file to confirm what I've feeling on track.

So here is a summary of what I've found

As a general rule the GT4 cars need to be faster as on 90% of the tracks I can comfortably beat them.
    The only tracks where I feel I'm challenged is
    • Hock
    • Silverstone
    • Solvakia
    • Spa
    • Suzuka
    All other tracks the aiadaption file maxed out the ai at 120

At first I thought the ai might be slow because of how close the car race together, slowing each other down. That is true to some extent but I find I'm qualifying at lot faster then them as well eg AI is set to 120 and I still out-qualify them.

In other classes I usually race at an AI strength between 112-117 but with the GT4's I feel I need the strength set somewhere between 120-127

So I was thinking that all the devs need to do is speed them up BUT.....
    I think this would result in the AI crashing out more...why? because I noticed that the higher the AI level is; the more they tend to bounce off the inside curbs causing them to either roll over or bounce into other traffic causing crashes.

So this leads me to the other issues I've found with the GT4's, they also suffer from constantly crashing or rolling over on the below tracks. A lot of these are caused by cars bouncing off the inside curbs into other cars or rolling over after hitting the inside curbs and is especially evident in the first few laps when the cars are really bunched up together.
    • Redbull turn 1
    • Hock turn 1
    • Portimao turn 1 and on all hairpins
    • Salzburgring first chicane (unplayable track because of this)
    • Silverstone turn 1, 3 and 4
    • Spa where cars slown down to almost a stop or crash due to bumping each other in Les Ea Rouge, Combes and Bruxelles
    • Suzka crashes every where but primarily through corners 8 to 11 (unplayable track because of this)
    GT4 is my favourite class to drive; I love the feel of these cars and on the tracks where the AI isn't slow (like on those tracks I listed above) the AI are a fantastic challenge offering door to door racing with lots of rubbing and bumping.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  2. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    Note taken; we've already taken some steps to improve GT4 AI and work is still in progress.

• Like Like x 2
  3. RWB 3vil

RWB 3vil Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    @Alex Hodgkinson speaking of AI. i like to set them at 105-115 otherwise they are too slow come the corner but ive noticed that they dont seem to care that a player is on the race line and they can quite often pit maneuver a player if they are faster than the player which is infuriating. Can they not be told to not proceed ahead if a player is in the way? They behave with each other in this regard. This is across the board not just GT4

4. MattStone

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    I'm curious...what does that mean??

5. RWB 3vil

RWB 3vil Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    pushing the rear corner of your car causing it to 180 or worse. its a tactic police chase police use.

Pursuit Intervention Technique

6. MattStone

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    aha I get ya
    I've had that a few times when I'm too slow out of a corner but only occasionally