Happy anniversary...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Gerbuho, Jun 6, 2016.

1. Gerbuho

Gerbuho Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +264 / 0 / -0
    ... to me!

13 months ago I knew nothing about sim racing. I was a console GT6 player and didn't know there was a world out there. The hype of Project Cars (and no G27 support for PS4) made me look to PC gaming. Bought the game on release day (may 6th) just to confirm that my laptop couldn't run it so there I was with a game I desperately wanted to play but no hardware to do it. I made a leap of faith and built a decent proper gaming PC... just for one game! The result, as anyone can imagine, was a total dissapointment. Even being a total ignorant about sim racing I could notice something was not right with pC. So I began to look for more "racing games" to give use to the rig. There came AC, GSCE and Race 07. And thanks to the boards ingame in Race 07 I got to RaceRoom one month later. First impression didn't make me think I would be buying much stuff, but the story's been quite different. Soon R3E became my favourite sim and it's been my #1 since then (I also use rF2, AMs iRacing...).

Now after 800 hrs (Steam) and 70000+ km driven (R3E) I jus want to say thanks to Sector 3 and to this community too, cause like the sim, is the best.

This certainly has been a happy first year. :D

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2016
  2. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    You're quiet fast for this short time Geraldo, and it's always a pleasure to race with you.
    I've been doing this for about 18 Yrs now (got hooked with Toca Touring Car Championship & CMR back in '98 and GT 1 once in a while) with a three years break inbetween until I came back with RRE (former GTR/ GTR 2 fan).
    And I stayed for the same reasons like you ;)

• Like Like x 2
  3. BarneyJ

BarneyJ New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Great holiday!

• Like Like x 1