Hotlap not saved!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by miguelbcr, May 26, 2016.

1. miguelbcr

miguelbcr New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi! I don't know where to post it....
    Yesterday night I did my best hotlap at Mercedes-AMG Hockenheim competition. In fact, the game warned me my new position and my new best time to beat. But the ranking never was updated. And this morning when I went into the game to play, the new best time wasn't warned me, it was the old one.

Is it a bug?

2. miguelbcr

miguelbcr New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    In fact, right now, my previous best time and ghost time don't match, but my hotlap is 1:32.2xx
    I suffered to get it... :)
    What a mess of hotlaps! xD

[​IMG]

Additionally... on Replay section it doesn't save my hotlaps as it dit before. So I don't have any hotlap raplay since last year...

3. miguelbcr

miguelbcr New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    the time is stored on the server :)
    I hope it is saved on the proper DB table in order go up on the ranking.
    Do a manual update! xD

[​IMG]

4. Gerhard Rautenbach

Gerhard Rautenbach Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Don't worry bud. You are not the only one that has had this. I've had it as well. Haven't seen any reasons, explanations or anything of the sorts from S3 why this happens

• Like Like x 1
  5. Bruno Ornelas

Bruno Ornelas Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    I'm not sure if it really is the case but I suspect there's an extra check for off-track excursions when the laps are uploaded, I've had a few laps on the Nordschleiffe that the game considered legal at the time but had slight offtrack excursions and when I saw the table they weren't there. As far as I can remember this hasn't happened(to me) with totally clean laps, of course it can just coincidence...

PS: It's probably not clear in my original posting, the laps were considered legal by R3E itself although it shouldn't because I hit the grass with all 4 wheels.

6. Gerhard Rautenbach

Gerhard Rautenbach Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Don't think this is the case. I doubt anyone is sitting on the servers and checking replays etc for every lap of every competitor and then deem them invalid. If that was the case, tons of lap times would be excluded. Its got to be something else. If the game says you have improved (As seen in the screenshots above) it should update as it was within the game/track limits and deemed legal, but it doesn't update for some odd reason, which is a bit annoying. I've had this in the DTM comp and LB challenges with GT3 cars. So it is also definitely not isolated.

7. Bruno Ornelas

Bruno Ornelas Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Obviously it would be done without human intervention, just a script doing a check on the replay after it gets uploaded. It could be a way of preventing possible client-side hacks on the leaderboards.