How big is the team about raceroom?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by c3lix, Jun 9, 2016.

1. c3lix

c3lix Active Member

Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0
    He Guys,

how many people work on rrre? This question came up because, it always takes so long for the team to add new cars to the game after they announced one. Sometimes half a year or more. Other games like PCARS or AC are a lot faster with adding cars and iRacing also tries to stay up to date with new GT3 cars.

Any chance of improving the release cycle of new cars?

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. SickwititHD

SickwititHD Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    I was wondering the same thing... I'm still fairly new to this SIM but just was wondering about how its being supported / updated. thanks for asking!

3. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    If I am not wrong, S3 is roughly about 20-30 staff. Not exactly the largest team.

I think the cycle of car release are fine in my opinion, other than, I think the car releases should be spaced out more than having almost weekly release in April to May.

4. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    JF mentioned here at about 6:00 they are 22 members, 6-7 located at the studio in Lidköping, rest remote

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    I would completely disagree with that and say it is even objectively false. In certain cases, the wait has been a bit long. Such as with the Audi R18 or even Nords to an extent... but relatively speaking compared to other sims, they are certainly not the slowest.

AC's Nords took over a year to release from being announced. Believe the same happened with iR's Nords too. AC also has the Toyota TS040 that was announced August '14, among others even before that. Oh, and how is the Indianapolis 500 in Pcars that they licensed and announced like 4 yrs ago?! Or how ISI has unreleased "fantasy" content that doesnt even require licensing that they announced back when rF2 wasnt even released yet, 4-5 yrs ago? Or Reiza's crowdfunded Copa Montana's from last July that was supposed to release in November?

Every dev has a ton of content that may have been licensed but been shelved, never seeing the light of day... Or just delayed because other content takes priority or goals change slightly. Just because an item or 2 takes a while to release, doesnt mean everything is slow to release. And beyond that, how can that even be said that about Sector3 this year? They have done nothing but release things weekly since the end of March. And lest we not forget the mighty NSU earlier this year. :p

Certainly nothing out of the ordinary as far as racing sims go ;)

Edit: Please dont see this as being aggressive or defending Sector3 fiercely. Just trying to share some observations and give some perspective to the question ;)

Cheers

• Like Like x 2