How to: Hotlaps and driving lines - Helping you get faster

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by OverTheLine, Nov 28, 2016.

1. OverTheLine

OverTheLine Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +210 / 0 / -0
    Hello

Chequered Flag Endurance runs races every Sunday at 8pm UK time, We race 4 classes across 3 races each Sunday, x2 single class and x1 multi-class events. I've started this thread to help our members get an idea of what times they should be hitting each Week.

Feel free to use the videos to improve your lines and hone your skills. All laps are posted on the leaderboards and are set with DEFAULT setup only (therefore one could go faster but these are guides only)

If your interested in joining us then visit our steam group page - or message me directly for any further information.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/chequeredflagendurance

See you on track

OverTheLine

• Like Like x 1
  2. OverTheLine

Ratings:
    +210 / 0 / -0
    The follow times have been posted as guidelines for members of Chequered Flag Endurance (league group) and we will be racing on these circuits with these classes on (04.12.16 @ 8pm UK time)

Race one:
    class = DTM 1992 + Touring Cars
    Track = Raceroom Raceway (Sprint)
    Setup = Default

I was actually surprised how close these two where, i though the DTM would be quicker than the touring car, but blimey they are pretty much even, my time in the touring car could probably knock a few tenths off especially in the last corner, but hey ho..good guide for you guys to use for sundays race :)

Race 2:
    Class = GTR3 + LMP2
    Track = Suzuka Grand Prix
    Setup = Default

suzuka has been added to our list of tracks for this sunday (04.12.16) , and what better way to enjoy this classic circuit than using our GTR3+LMP2 multiclass mix. times are bloew enjoooyyyyy :p

Race 3:
    Class = Audi TT 2016
    Track = Brand Hatch Indy
    Setup = Default

We changed to Audi TT 2016 version as of this Weekend , so dont forget to buy that thing while the sale is on...and you get a linked discount...it cost me 25p...so no excuses :p see you there, lap time below.

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2016
  3. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Those two classes are equal in terms of balancing. There was a video showing multiclass racing with both classes some time ago.

4. OverTheLine

Ratings:
    +210 / 0 / -0
    interesting, we just treat them as the same class :) we do our Multiclass race every sunday with GTR3 and LMP2 though...so its fun fun - also updated - tracks time for Suzuka and Brands added to previous post. enjoy

5. OverTheLine

Ratings:
    +210 / 0 / -0
    here is this sundays track list + how to videos - hope to see many of you there :)

R1)
    Track : Red bull ring
    Class: Group 5
    Setup : Default

R2)
    Track: Portimao Grand Prix
    Class: GTR3 + LMP2
    Setup's : Default

R3)
    Track : Hockenheim (Full)
    Class: WTCC 2015
    Setup: Default

Im not the fastest in group 5 or WTCC 2015. I do beleive that some setup modifications will be required in order to gain that extra bit of speed. Especially with the WTCC 2015 cars. as previously posted these videos are just for you to use as a guide for when you start setting your first laps. :)

If you want to join us then group link is on the original post. and hope to see you all on Sunday - any questions or issues let me know

Cheers
    Matt

• Like Like x 1
  6. OverTheLine

Ratings:
    +210 / 0 / -0
    This weeks tracks + laptimes for you all to use. Also the GTR3 + LMP2 this week can be use to help with our spa event in january :) enjoy
    R1) DTM 1992 + touring Cars

I only made the How To video using the DTM this week, the differences are so minor that its pointless me doing both vehicle types, and i was only 0.3 seconds slower in the touring car than in DTM :p perfectly balanced

R2) Spa GTR3 and LMP2

R3) Audi TT 2016 @ Laguna Seca (NEW track for this week) - this was surprisingly fun, the audi turns in very well despite being FWD...great little car.

• Like Like x 2
  7. OverTheLine

Ratings:
    +210 / 0 / -0
    sorry for the lack of track guides but my computer went bang, but its back up now and things are back to normal at last. here are the track guides for this sundays events:

R1)
    Track : Mid-Ohio
    Class: DTM '92 - 1.29.415
    Touring - 1:28.836
    Setup : Default

though both classes of car are balanced i found it easier to drive the touring car here than i did the dtm '92..strange, but either way good fun :)

R2)
    Track: Nurburgring
    Class: GTR3 - 1.58.693
    : LMP2 - 1.51.748
    Setup's : Default

The chevvy was actually really fun here... id recommend it if your going lmp2. better visibility but a bit of a struggle under brakes (setup fix im sure)

R3)
    Track: Hockenhiem International
    Class: Audi TT 2016 - 1.32.994
    Setup - Default

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2017
  8. Metalogic

Metalogic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for continuing this, finding this series for useful/instructive

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. OverTheLine

Ratings:
    +210 / 0 / -0
    your very welcome. am glad they are helping people :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. OverTheLine

Ratings:
    +210 / 0 / -0
    this weeks how to videos have been completed for you to use. slightly different ive started to commentate over the videos..these make them longer but should give you a more in depth explanation of what you should be looking for, if they are better then please give the video a like :)

anyway here they are

R1)
    Track: Zandvort Club
    Class: GTO Classic
    Time: 1.01.855's

R2)
    Track: Silverstone Grand Prix
    Class: GTR3 + LMP2
    Times: 2.02.4 + 1:53.5

Note - we will we racing the 90m of silverstone on 26th Feb as well as this sunday...so sign up and join the fun if thats your thing :)

R3)
    Track: Laguna Seca
    Class: WTCC 2015
    Time: 1.26.7

• Like Like x 3
  11. Don Rudi

Don Rudi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    Excellent explanations - many thanks for sharing these with us :D

12. Burillo

Burillo Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Whenever i see videos like this, what i would really like to see is not only steering inputs, but gas/brake inputs as well. i.e. not only when to start braking/throttling, but also how to do it - the little nuances that you just can't put in words because you do it insinctively. it's possible to get this information elsewhere, of course, but it would be of great help to see those in videos such as these.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. OverTheLine

Ratings:
    +210 / 0 / -0
    Yes i do understand this, sadly i have no way of showing this in replay. The camera angle is used during replays, and by then the inputs on throttle and brake are long gone . but the "roll cage" camera is perfect for showing the turn in points and where you need to position your car. by all means if there i an app or mod that allows this to be shown then id be more than happy to include that.

Cheers

14. Burillo

Burillo Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    this should probably be directed to R3E developers. i can't believe no one ever asked them about it, i'm sure someone already did :)

15. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    It has been asked about, but, I'll see if I can pester some more behind the scenes. :D

• Like Like x 2
  16. OverTheLine

Ratings:
    +210 / 0 / -0
    How to videos for this weeks events at [CFEG] - hope they help and see you sunday :)

R1) Group 5 @ Suzuka West

R2) BMW M1 at Sonoma

R3) KTM X-Bow @ Silverstone National

17. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Can we get a "How to setup your car" guide? :D

18. OverTheLine

Ratings:
    +210 / 0 / -0
    i can try...lol

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  19. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    @OverTheLine I was only joking :D
    Your help did help last night though so it might not be such a bad thing. Could help a lot of those who don't understand how setup works.

20. OverTheLine

Ratings:
    +210 / 0 / -0
    week 3/4 of our schedule is soon to arrive, this weeks track guides are complete. - new track added to our schedule (Shanghai) , nice track. cant wait :)

here are the guides
    R1)
    Time - 1.37.083

R2)
    Time - GTR3 =2.05.451's | LMP2 = 1.56.490's

R3)
    Time - 1.17.479's

Hope they help you get faster and see you this sunday :)

• Like Like x 2