Ideas And Suggestions! (features and game mechanics)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by heppsan, Mar 10, 2015.

1. rbn

rbn Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    Must haves:
    - Make the HUD better. No big white text fields but smaller and semi transparent not obstructing visibility. (so not on top of the rear view mirror or left mirror) Have an option to turn some fields off. (so you can turn off DRS, opponents standings but keep the flag/penalty notification)
    - Tire temps, tire options
    - Multiple car setups, save, load etc.

Very nice to have:
    - Have and option to (double) assign buttons for menu tasks. Cancel, Ok, Next page etc. Like a console config.
    - More intuitive pit buttons, now its like 7-8 buttons for only the pit control.
    How about: long press pit button to active (deactivate) pit menu, short press to select pit presets. (no enter/confirm needed)
    So with one button you can do most of the pit tasks, I prefer not to use a keyboard.
    - Motec telemetry like the old GTR days.
    - Better API support for tablet apps, basically the same as above.

Cool to have:
    - RGB sliders to change color temp to something less blue
    - Vignette slider, because it looks cool
    - More movable/vibrating stuff in the cockpit; cables, airflow tubes/pipes, rearview mirror etc. Everything is just very static currently.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: May 31, 2015
  2. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    I'm pretty sure you can do this already.

3. gp20

gp20 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    Rebuild the UI.
    Make the cockpit view better. It looks fake.

Hire a good graphic designer!

• Disagree Disagree x 5
  4. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Bit much isn't it? All things considered, R3E looks amazing, especially when you consider it's built on DX9 where as pCars/AC are both on 11+

It would probably also look a lot better if you weren't using a Laptop with a GPU worse than mine! (just) lol

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Hi all, first time poster but long time player.
    How about having to be within 107% of fastest qualifier to maintain even races?
    I would also appreciate some explanation as to what each individual component in car setup actually does, maybe pop up tool tip or the like, if I have understeer then perhaps some simple (SIMPLE!) explanation into how I may accomplish curing it, I swear I am driving the default setup car as fast as it will go but the cars out front are 4 secs quicker :-/
    I appreciate not everyone is as good as the next man but some help to bridge the gap would only make better racing. I do realize the net is full of this info but surely the idea is to keep people in sim racing rather than trawling the interweb reading all sorts of b******t (must remember not to Google shiny rims again! :-o)
    As for knobs spoiling it for others why not just have a report button!

Great sim by the way, frustratingly realistic and well worth having to sell a kidney to get the rest of Brands Hatch ;-)

Keep up the good work guys!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Richard Powell

Richard Powell Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    I'm generally a bit busy looking out the front to notice any supposed shortcomings in the cockpit. The interior could be wallpapered with naked women and I'd hardly notice.

• Funny Funny x 6
  7. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    I just have a thought about when you implement the Push To Pass System for the Audi TT, please address that to the same button as we have for DRS with DTM.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. gp20

gp20 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    This comment is based for part on videos.
    So yes the cockpit view even with a top configuration looks fake compare to PC or DC.
    Cars are well designed but the cockpit is meh and it's an error for immersion IMO.

9. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    You shouldn't really compare the games from what you watch in videos!
    I actually got disappointed of the looks of PC after have seen all those videos of it before I tried it myself.. . And I run it on highest settings.
    I can agree that AC's interior looks better, but I find the interior in PC to look cartoony..

The thing I like better in PC is the possibility to turn on / off the headlights with interior lights. (Hope this will come to R3E as well someday!)

Another thing is that the variety of interior LED displays isn't that great in R3E, but this has already been answered by the devs in other threads.

Edit:
    Here is a screen on max settings in R3E, I think it looks awesome enough!
    [​IMG]
    PC:
    [​IMG]
    AC:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 1, 2015
  10. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Obviously PC/AC should look better than R3E but look at the system requirements actually required to get those looks, I'm sure the guys at Sector3 could more than match or even beat PC/AC if that's what they wanted to do but instead of doing that, they kept system requirements light and available to more people. I can't play PC or AC due to system requirements and my GPU only being capable of DirectX 10.1, by all accounts, I could just about get away with running them both if the GPU was DX11 or 12 capable but only just and it wouldn't look anywhere near as good as R3E does.

My comment "Bit much isn't it?" refers to your "suggestion" of "Hire a good graphic designer!", that was and is completely uncalled for in my opinion.

• Agree Agree x 5
  11. gp20

gp20 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    The exterior design of cars is great. They could probably have done the same quality for the cockpit.
    It's a wrong choice.

About the "Hire a good graphic designer" it's related to a global feeling.
    The UI is meh (bad look and bad menu organisation) and some of the textures in game are too.
    I'm sorry but it does not help if you say that everything is nice when it is not.

12. James Cook

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    The only in-game textures that stand out to me as in need of improvement are the car skins. They can look a little blocky close up. A high-res texture option would be good for those with more powerful GPUs.

13. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    UI is changing in the next update anyway so, not fussed about that, "Hire a good graphic designer" is better but still comes across as quite rude and basically implies that the guys they have already aren't "good".
    I'm not saying "Everything is nice when it is not" I'm saying, everything is stunning when you consider the system requirements compared to AAA titles and the fact that R3E is running on DirectX 9 (which makes a huge difference by the way).

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. rbn

rbn Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    I think the cockpits are not bad but can certainly be improved, DX9 or DX11+ doesn't matter for most part.
    Higher res textures for cockpits, better shadows, more detail, maybe have a slider specifically for the cockpits, ie. cockpit shadow/textures on ultra and other shadows/texures on medium.
    The 3D model can also use more polygons.
    Some cars (ie WTCC) for example have this air tube coming sticking out of the dashboard, it looks pretty bad since its not round at all. Not a game breaker but its in the details.

The UI is not great but pCars UI is not better; its looks modern but its functionality is worse then RRE.
    The HUD is better though in pCars.

I am only using RRE for about a month+ or so (have DTM/WTCC and ADAC) but don't understand why the community is relatively small and pCars is hyped so much.
    This game deserves more active users.

• Agree Agree x 5
  15. Cosmic

Cosmic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    IMO Cockpits are fine and the UI is getting an update this week. Barring any significant issues with the cockpits, if S3 wants to update and polish them I'd prefer them to do so after almost everything else they are working on. Just not high priority if at all IMO.

16. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    OK, found this just to clarify the importance of DirectX, I know it's not DX9 but, it explains the points nicely anyway lol.

Also, it's a shame Mantle is being phased out and wasn't really used, looked a pretty good performer.

17. James Nance

James Nance Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +301 / 0 / -0
    I would just like to see the game or shadows at least optimized more. Feels like newer tracks run better than the old ones, even the soon to be released tracks. So obviously they are learning new techniques and refining there ways, but I think shadows are a weak point.

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. gp20

gp20 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    I agree it's rude and that's what i wanted to say.
    By the way i will try soon Iracing and Need For Speed Shift 2. According to the specs they should work perfectly (with high settings) on my laptop.
    We will see.

19. gp20

gp20 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    All what you get in front of your nose should be round IMO.
    This should be a basic rule.

20. James Cook

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    May I be the one to suggest you could spend your time more wisely?

• Agree Agree x 5