Problem Issue at Salzburg?

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Skybird, Dec 13, 2019.

1. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Have not been at Salzburg since longer time, this week driving it, and finding that immediately after that right-left chicane at the end of the start-finish straight, the AI cars spin like crazy there if drivijg at competitive speeds. I have not had a single lap without white flag , because a Porsche was sitting with his broadside queer on the track, and later on it still was there because it did not find a time slot to manouver and get back on track or off the track. Cars locked this way also did not warp back to pit after some time. Rarely the AI car ending this way managed to get back into the traffic - but then immediately another AI car came to the rescue and continueed the stall by spinning after that chicane. Duriogn white flag, everbyody slowing down, the aI manouvers thoruzgh the chicane and around the locking car reliably.

The AI seems to be unable to handle this chicane anymore, where before it could. It doe snot crash, but it goes thorugh the chicane, and then spins, maybe overdriving the car and loosing the tail, I dont know. It does not just crash into the tyres or other cars.

Tested with GT4, and then DTM92.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Its more complex, its not just the tracks and every car, its only some cars on some tracks . In the last days I drove Salzburg, Nigbo, Bilsterberg, Falkenberg, mostly in Porsches of variuous classes.

At salzburg, the problkem descriobed appears with the Porsche classic cup and Porsche Caiman Trophy, but not with the DTM92 and GTR3. At Bilsterberg, them all perofrm well, at falkenberg, in the first chicane after the start-fisnish straight, the two POorsches notopriouls overshoot or spoin in attempoting to evade overshooting, but the gTR3 go through well. At Nigbo, no issues to be reported.

I could imagine the new physics make some cars vulnerabvle to the aI trying manouvers that are too critical and work only in some cars with their chracteristic physics. or pohysics events happenign to the vulnerbale cars ar certain points of certain tracks.

There is no escape, I think all cars must be tested on all tracks for these issues.

I drove 20-30 laps per session, 30-35 cars, AI fixed at 97.

Its a top rank major issue, imo. Becasue while it allows pratcice sessions, it completly rules out and brfeaks every attempt to have a rfcae wqith such cars on affected tracks. Its if not a game breaker than at least a race breaker.

3. Olaf Hülse

Olaf Hülse Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +505 / 0 / -0

4. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    And which other tracks and car classes are affected? Obviously it is not just Salzburg. Would be nice to know which co9mbination to avoid for the time being when wanting to indeed launch a race.

Its a race-breaking issue. A major bug deserving priority treatment.

Also, a better management of time intervals after which cars get dematerialised so that they do not just sit on the track and endlessly block it/cause white flags, would be desirable. Th shorter theb track and the more cars are driving, the worse the issue is, since the chance for time breaks when the AI can try to get back on track and back rolling again, may be too short and so the car instead sits still endlessly, lap for lap. And if it gets out of the way, speed goes up when white flag is gone, and the next car spins. Its a mess.

5. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    hello. This sort of feedback is very useful, but I am little bit confused by this:

Your first post:
    Then in the second message: