Problem Issue with Complex Motion Blur

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by chonk, Aug 15, 2021.

1. chonk

chonk New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Complex motion blur, is this setting meant to be used just for screenshots? In my case as you can see from the attached image it's blurring a huge proportion of the view and is unusable in game? Just wondering if this is intended behavior or whether I'm encountering a bug?

I know there was an issue with AMD drivers a while back but I'm running nvidia, latest driver, 1080ti + 8600k @ 3440 x 1440 100hz. Framerates are solid with all settings maxed out. I've tried all combination of settings I can think of disabling DOF etc and the issue remains, I searched as best I could here and other than the AMD thing haven't come across anyone else mentioning this.

20210815125154_1.jpg

2. BeefMcQueen

BeefMcQueen Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    I'm having the same issue, sometimes less but still annoying. A temporary fix is to delete the ShaderCache.bin file located in your documents/MyGames/SimBin/Raceroom Racing Experience/UserData folder. Another possibilty - if you want to keep the complex algorythm - would be to set the motion blur quality to medium. Which seems enough, at least for my taste. I found out, that it gets worse if you're using 'cockpit pespective shift up/down'. But pressing the key for 'cockpit pespective shift reset' minimises the issue immediately. Maybe you give that a try.
    That behaviour has already been added to our bugtracker, by the way. Hope we're getting a fix, soon.

Oli

• Like Like x 1
  3. chonk

chonk New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Oli, will try the workarounds you've suggested.

• Like Like x 1