Leaderboards reset?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by -nOiSe-, Jul 30, 2017.

1. -nOiSe-

-nOiSe- Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    A question about "Ledearboard Challenge"
    Do you (Sector 3 :p ) reset Leaderboard Challenges timings periodically?
    I ask this because long time ago I printed an Excel sheet with all the "Tracks/Cars/Series" combination I own, to flag Leaderboards I've arlready "completed".
    Often I see that my "old" timings disappeared, so I ask: do you reset them? if yes, how often?

2. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Yes, leaderboards have been reset for a handful of classes in the past ~2 years.

Normally this happens when the cars physics are updated, thus making the car do different lap times than before... making previously recorded laptimes invalid in comparison. GTR3 leaderboards were wiped when those were updated a bit more than a year ago for instance.

I dont have a specific date for any of this though, but you can check past change logs to see when a car/class was updated to get a rough idea of when the leaderboards may have been wiped. Any update to a car after the summer of 2015 might have wiped the leaderboards for that class.

• Informative Informative x 2
  3. -nOiSe-

-nOiSe- Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    Perfect! Now it' all clear :wink:
    So there isn't a "programmed" reset...
    Thanks a lot for the answer!! :grin:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Beastux

Beastux Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +290 / 0 / -0
    The reset happens also when track limits are modified (it happened to Hungaroring this year).

5. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    We only reset if there's no way to go faster after the update.

Sometimes we update a track or a car and the update allows to go faster, then we don't reset.

• Informative Informative x 3