Lock out repetitive wrecker from multiplayer

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RRCRoady, Mar 3, 2015.

1. brendonblainekoen

brendonblainekoen Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    You are right. Looking back, I was being equally stupid. I'm sure everyone else was and is just as frustrated by this kind of thing. It spoils an otherwise brilliant online group of drivers. But yeah, next time, I'll act differently.

• Like Like x 2
  2. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Its hard to get over the adrenaline shocks first, guess everybody knows it ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Sadly I took the bait tonight too. Couldn't resist giving 'A.Senna' a friendly tap at the end of a qualifying sessions (read: shunt). Then I get the chat message 'BLACKLIST' and from that point on her mission isn't to race, but instead, slow down and wait for me to pass her each lap and then attempt to ram me off the track. She 'blacklisted' someone else too. It's vindictive, borderline sociopathic behaviour, but ultimately quite sad that someone chooses to spend their free time this way.

So basically I can't enter the same server as this person from this point on because I'm a marked man. Oh well.

4. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    you can get blacklisted?

was that at sach? adac?

5. James Cook

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Hockenheim/ADAC14 - the race you were in too. It's her own personal blacklist, which is quite ironic!

6. James Nance

James Nance Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +301 / 0 / -0
    Thats insane, kinda freaks me out.

7. James Cook

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    She went after me big time in the following ADAC race at Sachsenring though. Like proper stalking me. Just went online again and she's rammed me off in a GTR2 race now. Is it possible to officially report a player?

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    ahhh,ok. That race was a bit of a mess.

quite ironic! lol

9. maxel

maxel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    I think it's time for the devs to do something now!! This is getting ridiculous.
    This person is constantly trolling and stalking MP for months now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Yes it is. Just use the search function to find the profile and then klick on the little yellow sign beside the name. See the attached screenshot.

I never reported anybody so I have no idea about the exact effect and what will be done if a user gets reported. Just wanted to note that it is actually possible. Problem is that I think everybody could report everybody else for whatever reason (or no reason at all). So S3S need to be very careful about how to react to reports.

My assessment is that it needs several reports with 100% proof of misbehaviour (e.g. in form of a replay) to trigger any kind of action. I might be wrong though.

The story with this 'BLACKLIST' makes me think that the aforementioned user is reading this thread and was mocking you with this silly action.

One general note on the 'votekick' feature that was requsted by some members. I can still remember I was quite happy when it was introduced in Race07. But sadly it turned out to be not very useful. As far as I remember in more than 90% of cases where a wrecker was on a server it was not possible to vote him off. I've seen cheating wreckers driving with an indestructible F3000 on a WTCC server wrecking everybody off the track they could get hold of. Still it was not possible to have enough people to vote them off. I always asked myself how people could be so blind and just not use this function. To be honest it's beyond me but that's life.

Or even worse: I remember I started a vote against a wrecker but I didn't get enough votes in the first attempt. I tried it again, got a few more votes but still not enough. But the moment I wanted to start the next vote, the wrecker himself was a fraction of a second faster than me and started a vote against me insulting me and claiming I'm the wrecker. Nobody was still looking at the name of the player that was to be voted off and in the end the wrecker managed to get me voted off the server. Nice, isn't it? :cool:

In general I often saw wreckers constantly making votes against other users. In most cases they didn't succeed to vote anyboy off, but this wasn't the intention anyway. The intention was to prevent the other users from casting a vote against the wrecker himself since there can always be only one vote at a time.

So this was sadly a good idea made nearly useless by the 'criminal energy' of antisocial people.

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Don't have a screenshot , but starting DTM 14 last night , there was a new presentation screen saying "measurements against wreckers" (something) and that wreckers will turn into Ghosts so that you can completely ignore them.
    Hope it will work - maybe best solution, even it might feel a little weird in the beginning (parallel universes :D)

• Like Like x 1
  12. James Cook

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Not seen that myself but I would welcome any such move.

In another race last night there was a guy who decided that as the race wasn't going his way he would turn around and drive at people. I believe he was ghosted, as are people who park up on the track. I guess this is much easier to code for. How to apply ghosting to a troll like Senna must be more challenging.

13. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    I haven't ventured online as of yet, but what about enabling the "host" with the power to kick players?

14. Emerson Meyer

Emerson Meyer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0
    I don't think it's something like rocket science the option: Vote - Kick player.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Drei

Drei Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    I was there too, and honestly i was happy to see someone to give a lesson to the guy/girl... and when she started to whining, i was laughing like hell...such an idiot.... ty James for the fun tho :D

16. nickh158

nickh158 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    I had this experience. To cut a long story short, the driver concerned appeared to have initiated a personal vendetta against me. Eventually we both ended up off the track and into a wide run-off area and his car was facing mine, some distance away.
    So I waited.
    And sure enough he just drove his car head first into mine. This incident left me unnerved and irrationally disturbed.
    Why would anyone do that?
    What did I do?
    Some days later, same track; I see two cars up ahead and one is deliberately driving into the side of the other.
    Guess what?
    Yup, same driver, just picking on someone else...

17. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    I had a guy yesterday i was passing during qualifying, and as soon as i got beside him he RAMS right into me, making my car airborne lol. We both ended up in the dirt, at which time i could not help going for the payback ram. I felt better, actually.

• Disagree Disagree x 1