Question Logitech software for DFGT

Dieses Thema im Forum "Community Support" wurde erstellt von Raaf, 17. März 2016.

1. Raaf

Raaf Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    Two questions actually. I downloaded the new March 2016 package from Logitech.
    Should I deïnstall the old software before executing the new installer (I found the uninstall option in the 'Programs' section of the configuration screen), or just apply the installer over my current installation. I am a bit paranoid about drivers on a correctly working system.

Second question is about the Configuration program. I must not have it running for R3E, but I also recently bought some other programs that use the Wheel (rFactor 2, Eurotruck 2 and even Farming simulator for giggles).

For rFactor 2 I need to open the program in order to operate the wheel, and for Farming simulator I needed to couple the accelerator and break axes for it to work correctly, and I think I should change the wheel rotation angle for Eurotruck as it is far too sensitive at the moment.

However, I don't want to break any behaviour for R3E, as that is currently my main use of the wheel, and I don't understand all the implications of the settings in the Logitech software.

How can I safely change settings for other programs, while not breaking the settings for R3E?

2. Sascha Reynders

Sascha Reynders Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -0
    In answer to your 1st question, you should be able to do it both ways: uninstall old/install new, or just install new over old.
    I installed LGS 8.81.15 over a previous version without uninstalling first and all is well: LGS reports the correct version and my G29 works as it should.
    If you still have the old LGS 5.10 installer somewhere, uninstalling first might be the best option. In any case, create a System Restore point before you proceed, just to be on the safe side. That way you can revert to the old install should something go wrong.

In answer to your second question, you could have LGS running with the default profile for rF2 (and R3E for that matter) and create separate profiles for the games that need specific settings. As these profiles would only be activated by the games' .exe files, they shouldn't be messing up anything for games that use the default profile.

3. Paradox Agi

Paradox Agi Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    I had this wheel before and using different profiles worked well. For Euro Truck Simulator set up a profile with 900 degrees rotation and in the game set sensitivity and linearity to the lowest setting. These option are made for gamepad or keyboard inputs.

4. Alex

Alex Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    Hi!

Were you able to install the new March 2016 driver? I've uninstalled the older LGS 5.10 and installed the new one, but all the versions and dates remain the same, even for the wheel drivers.
    How can I be sure I've installed the correct one?

5. soeren_b74

soeren_b74 Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Just have auch look into the Installation forder. There should be a subfolder called sdk and in some subfolder you should find a file LogitechWheelDriver.dll (or similar) dated on March 7th...

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Alex

Alex Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, that's it! :D