Problem Losing time and positions to the AI on pitstops

Dieses Thema im Forum "Community Support" wurde erstellt von James Cook, 11. April 2016.

1. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2.411 / 0 / -0
    Agree, should be stated what they do. And I would like to see the common rule of having to change all four tyres at least once when there's a mandatory stop being imntroduced. That would make things a whole lot clearer.

But still, losing >2 seconds sounds too much for two tyres.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1.013 / 0 / -0
    I'll try again tonight, just changing one set of tyres to see how I fare.

3. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    How log are your stops? I'm usually 5.2 sec

4. c3lix

c3lix Active Member

Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0
    I watched the Ai and visually they only change one set of tires, the car gets lifted only on the back I think, it goes up, 2secs and down and the car is released. very fast.

5. TheFlash

TheFlash Active Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    WHAT!?!?! ... :eek: ... only two tires ... o_O

turns out 3.7 is the new 5.2 ;)

(Besides, I would also appreciate the rule of having to change all four tires for a mandatory pit stop - isn't that the "normal" rule in real life racing?)

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Noticed this thread after seeing it here and @Hannes Wallstedt discussing it a fair amount.

Cant seem to confirm any of your thoughts about the AI pitting faster than the player @James Cook. Took a look at the various ways to make a pit stop and came to a few conclusions though.

Definitely seems that if you do NOT request a pit stop before entering pit lane where the AI takes control of your car, you will incur a ~1second "waiting" penalty, as well as a ~1-2second "preparing" penalty giving you about ~3 seconds of waiting before your pit stop even starts while the pit crew organizes to service your car. As long as I pressed the button I binded to "request pit stop" any time before I entered pit lane, the pit stop immediately starts without this "waiting" penalty.

Also noticed that even if you select 0L of fuel and confirm this choice, you will have to wait a few moments while... 'something' happens... even though you selected no fuel. As Hannes mentioned above though, this slipped through the cracks and will be fixed, as you shouldnt have to wait for the car to be refueled when you select no fuel to be added...

So, as for requesting the pit stop, changing front and rear tires, and not confirming any fuel choices... I tested this in the FR2 where I entered pit lane .272 behind an AI car, and when I exited pit lane, I was .262 behind. So I actually gained 0.01s even though I changed front and rear tires.

Spent over an hour testing multiple pit menu choices, AI gaps, etc, and havent been able to prove the AI pits faster than me.

Of course, I didnt test every single car/track combo just now, so perhaps there is some sort of bug with specific cars/tracks? I'll check the WTCC 15 cars later since those were mentioned.

If anyone else seems to think something is amiss with the AI pitstops, can you please note which class you were racing, the track you used, your gap to the AI when entering a pit stop, any of the choices you made and confirmed in the pit menu on screen, whether you saw a "waiting" dialogue box pop up before your pit stop, and anything else you can think to add.

All of that info would be good to have to see if the testers/devs can reproduce the issue. Since right now, I dont think we have been able to.

Cheers

• Informative Informative x 4
  7. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1.013 / 0 / -0
    Thanks @nate @Hannes Wallstedt @Christian Göpfert and anybody else who has tested this. Apologies if time has been wasted on this but as you have seen, a number of people have reported this as an issue.

Clearly the AI only changing the fronts or rears and not all four tyres is contributing to the problem, as well as the more recent fuel issue. I guess it's a sound assumption that the AI would change all four tyres on a pitstop so maybe in future this can be added as a condition for mandatory stops?

Thanks again.

• Like Like x 1
  8. TheFlash

TheFlash Active Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Don't know why I previously thought that I lost about 5 seconds. Maybe I mixed something up with AI's not pitting in the same lap. Sorry about that. And I never thought about having different lifting animations depending on which set of tires you change so I haven't looked at the animations of the other cars in the pit lane.

Anyway, I've tested it a few times with only changing 2 tires ... now my times match the AI's times perfectly :)
    Thank you guys for clarifying!

• Like Like x 3
  9. T@X

T@X Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Pitstops should be revamped when possible IMO.
    1. Fix the lane bug that gives you drive-through penality during mandatory pitstops in some tracks
    2. All 4 tires should be changable
    3. I'd like to drive inside the lane and activate the limiter by myself, remove this arcadey stuff please.
    4. Fuel refill option should be there in every competition