Question Many clicks before race start...

Dieses Thema im Forum "Community Support" wurde erstellt von SkinnyCyclist, 5. August 2017.

Tags:
  1. SkinnyCyclist

SkinnyCyclist New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Love this game (and no, this is NOT a show stopper, but I have to ask ;) - is there a way to decrease the number of clicks (six of them...) before race start? Choose car - choose track - click, click, click, click, click, click- RACE! (single player/offline)

Tjohoo :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Lixma

Lixma Honorary QA

Ratings:
    +174 / 0 / -0
    A one-click list of your favourite car/track/race combinations! Yes please!

Unfortunately the cynic in me suspects that S3S won't want the player to bypass all the BUY NOW opportunities in the menus.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Seriously...pressing a mouse button a few times is stressing :confused: I'm guessing you drive with auto gears then..

4. Peter Koch

Peter Koch Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +191 / 0 / -0
    If you always do the same session/car/track it's only a few clicks, maybe that's an option.
    And is also very cheap:)

5. SkinnyCyclist

SkinnyCyclist New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Where did I say it was stressing? And you guessed wrong. I drive with manual gears (paddles or H/sequential stick depending on car), clutch, TrackIR and a piece of an old tire burning slowly in an ashtray.

Yeah,the GUI is certainly not the core of the game but it's a part of the whole package. And there is a lot to be done with the R3E GUI IMHO.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2.411 / 0 / -0
    Agree, your original point has been brought up internally several times, it's just way too repetitive and could be done a lot more comfortable.
    Let's hope they'll give the UI another overhaul.

• Like Like x 2
  7. MattStone

MattStone Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    The part that really annoys me is that because I have my monitors set up close to my wheel and have my phone mounted on the wheel for my dash pro, it means I can't even see the bloody ok button to click with out leaning and nearly falling out my chair

• Like Like x 1
  8. SkinnyCyclist

SkinnyCyclist New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Haha, we gamers (simmers?) can be so miserable! ;)

9. MattStone

MattStone Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    lol yeah

Actually I wonder if there is a way to force the menu onto one of my other screens? (I use triple screens)

mmm Matt considers steeling his wife's compact makeup mirror and mounting it somewhere on the wheel angled so he can see when the mouse pointer is over the OK button :D!

10. Henri Puustinen

Henri Puustinen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +100 / 0 / -0
    Reducing the amounts of clicks in all menus and more quick buttons (like in the add fuel menu where you could have one button for 50% and 100% fuel) would be nice IMO since sometimes you for example forget to add fuel before an race and to add full tank takes a good 10 seconds so if you're on the grid then goodbye with your race.

The general answer seem to be that "it only takes one minute". I'm with the OP on this one though. Especially when you're sunk into your racing chair with 6 point harness it can be a tad difficult to click ;)

• Like Like x 1
    Zuletzt bearbeitet: 22. August 2017
  11. Kitsune Magyar

Kitsune Magyar Professional Betatester Developer

Ratings:
    +9.236 / 0 / -0
    I've wanted to reduce the amount of clicks since my first period with the game, back in like 2014. :p We do have plans regarding menus but we're all busy with other more pressing work for now. :C

• Funny Funny x 1