Question Massive frame loss

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Gargos, Mar 5, 2017.

1. Gargos

Gargos New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Can somebody help explain this and give suggestions on any settings I might be able to tweak?

Just started using R3E and while my framerate is consistently fine with a full field of cars, this happens, typically always near pit in or out. It lasts for about 10-15 seconds and then it's back to normal, but makes playing online or with a full field impossible.

See it in action: twitch(dot)tv/videos/126642645

2. boban666

boban666 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Hi.I have this same problem.What is your PC spec. ?? I have GTX1060 6GB , GoodRam SSD , 8GB Ram 1600 , I5 4570 3,6GHZ , and have problem with smooth 60 FPS even when go down with detail level.I use clean/new W7 SP1 , and try almost every drivers and bios but still have this same problem.

3. Gargos

Gargos New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    GTX960 w/ 4GB RAM, 8GB DDR3 1333 RAM, AMD Phenom II X4 965 (3.4 Ghz)

It's an older CPU, but it still holds its own.

4. boban666

boban666 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    So I thing that was a problem with R3R and we must wait till some of Beta testers or developer write here is this a problem with game or PC spec.I find one more problem.I do everything but i still have only 30/35 when watch my replay but in Spa or Silverstone FPS droop to 25 ?? I also run MSI AB and CPU usage is 80/90% and GPU is only 50%.Strange

5. Andy Blade

Andy Blade Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    What resolution are you guys using ?

6. Gargos

Gargos New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    2560x1080

7. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    When you say 'full field', what exactly do you mean? Some tracks like Spa allow 99 opponents. Others allow for a total of ~40.

If you are trying to use a lot of AI, it is a possibility that your PC cant handle it because it takes a lot of horsepower to run really big fields.

Do you recall which tracks you were having the issue on?

8. Gargos

Gargos New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well, by "full field", I mean 24 cars with DTM and the clip above was 19 Audi's.

Zolder was the first track I tried with the full DTM field and it was always on the front straight where the slowness occurred. Here at Sonoma, it was also on the front straight, just past the pits, usually.

As for my PC's power, I could definitely see your point if it was running like above consistently, but the majority of the race is fine. As you can see, both before and after this huge stutter, the FPS is no problem. The crappy encoding I'm using on the stream is likely making the normal framerate a little worse than it normally is.

I just tried another 24 car field at Hockenheim and that one was fine for me, making it the first track I have not had an issue with yet.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. DirtyriceTX

DirtyriceTX Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0
  10. Gargos

Gargos New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It's certainly worth a try. As a matter of fact, I added an SSD to my system and moved R3E onto it right about the same exact time I started playing the game, so I can't say I did or did not have this problem before that.

11. boban666

boban666 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    As I said i have massive drops in SPA or Silverstone but I setup a max 26 drivers.When I back from work i try disabling prefetch because i use SSD and let know.

12. Gargos

Gargos New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    So far, so good. Did 25 minutes at Sonoma with the DTM grid and didn't have a repeat earlier today. Will keep trying as time allows.

13. boban666

boban666 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I disable this prefetch and superfetch.Still have this same problem :(.

14. gio_vtec

gio_vtec Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    Ok,,,, Well,, I was enjoying 25 laps of pure racing @ Bathurst,, just really happy the way I raced with the AI,, but then..... In the last lap, at the Conrod Straight I had a massive frame drop, it was totally undriveable, for about 5 secnds, my car end it up crashing,, I checked the replay, but you can only see my car weaving then crashing, but there was no frame drops.

Has anyone experienced this issue?

My workstation is not a gaming laptop (as you can see in my signature), playing almost everything at low, only shaders, textures and some effects at high.

BTW, Why replays have less than half of my actual frames? Live racing I have 80 to 90 fps compare to my replay I have from 30 to 40 o_O

15. boban666

boban666 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Few month ago i have this same problem.After few laps game stop for i thing 1s , and after that i see my car on green grass :).With replay I have this same issuse only 30 to 40 fps.Maybe when R3R go to UE this game was more smooth??

16. kzo

kzo New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi everyone. I don't know if I'm suffering the same issues but I'm having a loss of fps in cockpit view and when looking back, till 40 fps +/- and some stuttering in some corners with 20 cars and graphics settings in auto. I tried to lower to minimum but still can't get smooth fps in that situations.

I tried deactivating vsync, activating it in nvidia control panel everything I saw on the web but I can't make it running smooth.

My graphic card is a gtx960

I don't know what else to do. I'll keep looking for a solution and Ill share any news.

17. DonArturo

DonArturo Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    I encountered those sudden massive drops too, usually only when driving races longer than 30 minutes, with similar pc specs to boban666. I don´t know if it was a coincidence or if it actually has to do with replays, but I deactivated replays and haven´t encountered the problem since.
    Sucks to not be able to study replays though...

18. boban666

boban666 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I thing we must wait to UE ;).