Bug Missing setup folders after the last update

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Balrog, Jul 3, 2017.

1. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    Members in my league are reporting problems with the setup folder after the last update. Some circuits (reportedly Red Bull Ring and Zandvoort) are missing in the game, although the directories with the setup files are there in the Documents\My Games folder.

2. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Correct, the track names had to be changed slightly, which results in new folders being created for those tracks.

Zandvoort old: "Circuit Park Zandvoort"
    Zandvoort new: "Circuit Zandvoort"
    Unbenannt.JPG
    Inside the RBR folder there are subfolders for all layouts.
    RBR GP old: "Grand Prix"
    RBR GP new: "Grand Prix Circuit"
    Unbenannt.JPG

In order to get your old setups back in-game, first go into the game and save a new setup file on those tracks. (This will create the new folders.)
    Then go into the old folders and move the files in there to the according new folders.
    Alternatively, renaming the old folders to the new names should work as well.
    In any case, might be good to make a backup of your setups before tinkering around in there.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    hm, is that always needed? AFAIK I drove last saturday a few times with the M6 GT3 on RB-Ring but my setup was still loaded... or is the last used setup for a car/track-Combo still active and not the default setup?

4. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Hmm, good question but generally I'd say yes. If you created setup files that were saved in those old folders, the game should not be able to find them now, because it's simply not looking at those folders anymore.

I'm not actually sure when those track names were changed, could it be you created that particular setup just recently?
    What I also do frequently is loading a base setup from another track and then just adapt that slightly, maybe you did that after the name change?

5. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    I need to check that again the next days...The setup I made for the M6 is several weeks old but it might be that I overwrote it with a different setup and that was saved in the new folder...