More GT3 cars?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by iHeartPorsche, Apr 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iHeartPorsche

iHeartPorsche Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    As a huge GT3 fan (like most users of this sim are) I would like to bring attention to some desirables I know a lot of people would like to see (regarding the GT3 catagory).

DISCLAIMER
    ((Not listed in order of importance))

1. 2016 Lamborghini Huracan GT3
    2. 2016 Cadillac ATS VR GT3
    3. 2016 Ferrari 488 GT3
    4. 2016 Aston Martin Vantage GT3
    5. 2016 Acura NSX GT3
    6. 2016 Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3
    7. 2016 Ginetta G55 GT3

I assume the developers of RaceRoom Racing Experience: Sector3 Studios are already aware of the players wanting the (full) GT3 car list, just thought I would post this and get people talking about it!

Thanks a lot
    -Brandon

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    What about the Jaguar F-Type GT3?

And I'm ok with them only adding the huracan, 488, NSX .... For a full virtual GT Masters Grid :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Xon3

Xon3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
  4. DreamsKnight

DreamsKnight Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +94 / 0 / -0
    there are 19 gt3 in the game. could be an option to drive something different sometimes imho.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  5. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    To be fair, I dont think anyone would be happy getting the 'full' GT3 car list because there are 47 cars... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Group_GT3

That's a lot of cars in the exact same class that would take a ton of development time away from other more interesting cars. And then BoP'ing all those would be an even bigger nightmare than it was for the 19 we already have :D

Of course, a few of the big names we are missing would be cool, but I dont see those coming anytime soon since we just had a massive overhaul of the GT3 cars a few months ago.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. iHeartPorsche

iHeartPorsche Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    GT3 is the most popular racing category in all sims today, pretty confident at (least) 80%+ of the community would appreciate a FULL GT3 car list.

• Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Agree Agree x 4
  7. Exiled Scotsman

Exiled Scotsman Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    My fave class is certainly GT3. But you're probably going to need a source with that claim.

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    You really think that even people who like GT3 racing would want 47 of the same car?

I think you vastly overestimate just how much people like GT3 cars. Once someone gets their favorite GT3 car, they are usually off to wanting some other car from their personal wishlist.

And there are hundreds of other cars from the past 40-50 years to choose from.

That discussion here though is a bit moot, as getting 47 gt3 cars will never happen, in any game :p

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. Xon3

Xon3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    Specially when that claim is objectively wrong!! 22% of votes were for more gt3 cars on my list. That 80% is a bit ambitious.

• Like Like x 2
  10. iHeartPorsche

iHeartPorsche Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Those are
    A. Only the people who (saw) your post, not everyone who plays this game is following up on these forums/specifically your poll count.
    B. A HUGE majority of sim racers these days are racing specifically among the GT3 category. As sim racers yourselves, you should know that.
    C. If anyone of you play ((any)) other sim ie. iRacing, Assetto Corsa, Project CARS 2, Automobilista, rFactor2, you will also know that GT3 is the most played and populated category.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2018
  11. SunnySunday

SunnySunday Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    I think the GT3 class has appeal to the newcomers and the wider mass because they:
    - Look cool and are a "racier" version of their dream cars
    - Drives fairly easy and reasonably fast
    - Still pretty newb friendly due to lack of complicated systems as DRS/KERS etc.
    - Wide range of manufacturers.

I like GT3 but I think most people who "Simrace" will find that there is a lot of other cars to drive and why would you want to limit yourself to just GT3?

Edit: Not saying that I wouldn't want me some Ferrari or Lamborghini though;)

• Like Like x 2
  12. iHeartPorsche

iHeartPorsche Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Never said anything about limiting myself. One thing I've alwayse "loved" about this horrible gaming communtiy we're apart of, is people seem to enjoy putting words in your mouth and assuming you're implying the worst.

GT3 is a VERY likable category, it's exciting, very popular (especially in Europe/UK), they arguably look and sound the best of any other category, yes they're "easier" to drive, but skill level is not a scapegoat.

If someone was new to the sim racing scene, they most likely wouldn't be on a PC sim to begin with. When I started, I was on Forza. Then Project CARS, then Assetto Corsa, then Raceroom. Have you ever been to a REAL GT3 race? If not, go to one. You will very quickly understand why so many people prefer it over the others.

13. SunnySunday

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Yes like I said, I like GT3, but it is already the biggest series in Raceroom (probably for a good reason) and we recently had quite a few cars added plus a whole overhaul of its physics model and extensive work on the BOP. I say it's time to move on to other classes and series. We can't get stuck in the world of GT3 forever. That's my point, not that GT3 sucks.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. iHeartPorsche

iHeartPorsche Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Oh, my apologies then. I agree, but I do think once they add/fix a certain catagory, they should finish it. If they add GT3 cars, they should work on adding all of them. Same with GT4, etc. Any catagory, they should be finished and polished and expanded individually. Not 3 cars here, a couple here and some there.

That's just me though, maybe some day I'll make my own super realistic sim and run it that way. Besides, if GT3 wasn't the leading racing catagory in sim racing at the moment, I doubt "Assetto Corsa Competizione" would even exist right now. It's totally dedicated (exclusively) to the BlancpaiN GT3 series.

I'll tell you what mate, once THAT releases, other sims like rFactor 2, iRacing and Raceroom will have some heavy competition. All these sims will have to step up their game (no pun intended) in order to catch up...

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  15. SunnySunday

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Yep ACC will be fun for sure, but I wouldn't expect any 47 gt3 cars there either :D

• Like Like x 1
  16. iHeartPorsche

iHeartPorsche Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Hopefully. R.I.P. my right hand if it does !

17. Don Rudi

Don Rudi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    While the folks claiming we already have a lot GT3s are right, there is no way around having the Lamborghini Hurracan GT3 in the game. Grasser Racing Team is dominating the GT3 world with the poison green Lambos and imho it is a must have in any sim.
    As much as I love anything GT3, I surely don't need every single GT3 that partcipated in a single race somewhere in the world. But instead of obsolte and rare stuff like the P4/5, Camaro, Mustang (which I like) or Ford GT, we should at least have the most important cars.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Going to a more serious point of view. The 47 existing GT3-cars won‘t happen anywhere. It would just make no sense.

The size of the gtr3 category in Raceroom is just as big as it is, due to the reason that the existing manufacturers released a new GT3 car. (Porsche aside - that were other reasons)

I can‘t see any reason that this shouldn‘t happen again. And I can‘t see a reason why other manufacturers shouldn‘t appear in raceroom with their latest GT3s.

Time is moving forward - so it is just a natural process that the class is growing as always nee cars appear.

BoP shouldn‘t be a reason. There is no need to overhaul all cars. There would just be the need to fit the new car in the field of the others...

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Me, personally, from my pov, I think there's way more exciting racing, be it historic or current series. So, while I wouldn't mind any new GT3 entries, I'm quite ok with the number of GT3 cars we have and will rather root for things that are truly missing than for adding the 20th car from a class that doesn't really tickle me.

Out of curiosity, is there any other title that features an official (i.e. no mods) GT3 roster as big as (or even bigger than) Raceroom's?

On a side note, removing "obsolete" cars isn't really an option, people paid money for those, so they have to stay.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Don Rudi

Don Rudi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    Nobody pledged that "obsolete" cars should be removed. Driving the Mustang against a field of Camaros, BMW Z4s, Merc SLS etc would be great fun - if we ever reveived the AI selector.
    Nevertheless, a car category should contain the most important cars, and like it or not, currently that is the Lambo for the GT3 class. Looking at historic racing - could you picture a DTM92 without for instance the Mercedes 190? Or an ITC class without an Opel Calibra?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.