Question Multiplayer Dedicated Server hosting on root server

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Shelby0815, Apr 18, 2023.

1. Shelby0815

Shelby0815 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Hello I would like to host my own Raceroom Deti Server not locally over my own network but through a hosting provider over a root server if that is possible. Unfortunately, I have found only Amazon AWS on the Internet and have not found a proper solution to my problem or I do not know what exactly would have to be on the root server so that I could host a multiplayer session. A guide to this would be very helpful to me. Maybe you can help me because I don't know what to do.

I look forward to your advice and your help

2. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Did you see this video?

3. Shelby0815

Shelby0815 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Yes I watched the video but I don't have a credit card so I am looking for another solution to host this via a root server if this is possible.

4. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Well, it should work the same way on any other server as long as the server is running Windows on it. Then you just install Steam, there you install the dedicated server, and finally you set up your multiplayer session in the browser interface.

5. Shelby0815

Shelby0815 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Hello I have now managed to get a Windows Vserver and host my multiplayer session on it. Everything works without any problems. Thanks for your quick help.

• Like Like x 3