Bug Multiplayer Frustration

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by MARK R GARDNER, Dec 6, 2020.

1. MARK R GARDNER

MARK R GARDNER New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi all,

Recently joined Raceroom, so far enjoying it. However, raced in seven races overall, two of which I had a game error which returned me to the circuit in practice mode. Happened once at the start of qualifying, and another when lining up on grid and then all other players disappeared to be left on my own, pressed escape, sent me back to practice (and then thrown out to lobby).

This has happened this week (Suzuka) and last week (Spa).

This is frustrating as you immediately lose reputation for not racing, so 32 reputation for two returns to practice. Is this a known bug?

I have verified the integrity of files and not had any other errors with the game.

2. carlos de hoz

carlos de hoz Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    similar here. please j and more recent threads with similar problems also wrote, to group ourselves and that developers, that we are more affected.

3. MIKE 3

MIKE 3 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I am also having this problem. you managed to fix?

4. carlos de hoz

carlos de hoz Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    no mike, I did not save after reinstalling it is worse, now it does not even start raceroom. Sometimes if I leave it for 10 minutes it starts but as before it falls by ping and without response from the server. Before leaving it it entered the servers but then it could not enter the car settings .I've already left it .. luckily I have a good disk full of other games, until I find out what happens later

5. MIKE 3

MIKE 3 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ok thanks.

6. MARK R GARDNER

MARK R GARDNER New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I don't know with even the slightest certainty but this could be a issue whereby the connection to the room gets dropped for something like a coms delay exceeding threshold, and then reconnected back to the same game session but out of sync with the rest of the session. This will then lead to a crash back to lobby. I wouldn't rule out this being an error in game client side, but would say that it could be a glitch when ending / starting a practice / qualify / race server side to client. However, I am guessing.

I have been keeping to local servers to try and reduce chances of this happening. It is frustrating, however, once working aside from lacking any form of ability I am finding the racing to be up there with the best. Had a fantastic session watching cars go past me last night...

7. carlos de hoz

carlos de hoz Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Curious fact: if I enter the classified servers of my region (eu) dropped by high ping, or directly server without response but if I enter other classified servers of another region with high ping I can run without problem apart from seeing some pilot stuttering by the ping, but I can run without crashes

8. carlos de hoz

carlos de hoz Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    hoi suddenly when I got home from work I started to investigate. and what is my surprise that without touching anyone. the game already started without problem, and without problems on the servers. what a joy and how strange?

9. Scttski24

Scttski24 New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    yea. hum i ve lost server bunch of crap costly i should be over 200 rep pts for sure LOL. i dont udnerstand why it crashes ? my server i test speed and modem rotuer pretty decent strong internet with 1 gig LOL . i race iracing 200 lap all night enjoy my time without any problem . why am i here raceroom cuz i love it . i was told it a alot bug from STEAM? well iracing against steam renew yearly also so something going on ?

10. carlos de hoz

carlos de hoz Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Definitivamente, los servidores de mi región de Europa, me es imposible entrar, o si entro me da un error me despido por ping alto, pero si me fui a la otra parte del mundo aun teniendo un ping mayor me Puede entrar sin problema y no se cae

11. RICHTERD

RICHTERD New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hola, tengo un problema similar entro en las clasificaciones, pero cuando toca correr la carrera se queda congelado y cuando vuelve ya estoy desclasificado ....

¿alguien sabe como solucionarlo?

12. jmdelacruzsanchez

jmdelacruzsanchez New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Same here. Today I got kicked out 3 times of 3 different servers, so - 30 rating for today ... I hope they fix at least the rating part, because if not we'll get stuck forever on the rookie servers.

13. marciovs28

marciovs28 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +75 / 0 / -0
    I also have this kind of problem. I have already reported both here on the forum and on Discord, and absolutely no developer has spoken out at least to say that they are checking.
    Raceroom is and will always be a timeless beta full of patches

14. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
  15. mdelgadodiaz83

mdelgadodiaz83 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I hve the exactly same problem. Any eu server let me finish a race . But alll races in beazilian server ( fir example) finish with no problem ..

16. carlos de hoz

carlos de hoz Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    [QUOTE = "mdelgadodiaz83, post: 214038, member: 26290"] Tengo exactamente el mismo problema. Cualquier servidor de la UE me deja terminar una carrera. Pero todas las carreras en el servidor de Beazilian (primer ejemplo) terminan sin problemas .. [/ QUOTE]
    after the update?

17. mdelgadodiaz83

mdelgadodiaz83 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    No no, always. .. today i've not bee able to check it out yet! ( After update ) . But i'm dont have hope!!

18. Martin j tyson

Martin j tyson New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    did anyone find a fix for this. I'm having the same thing just sat on the starting line but can't drive and have to ESC out to pits then exit the server

19. Philip Miemois

Philip Miemois New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    If anyone is searching for a fix for something similar then here is my story:

I had an issue where I was always getting returned to the lobby while racing multiplayer. Sometimes it would take 3 minutes and sometimes it would take 15 minutes before I was disconnected. Annoying! But here is what worked for me:

I did a reinstall, started the game, closed the game, deleted the simbin folder under documetns/mygames. Validated the game. started it up. Seems to be working now.

!!!! Note that all setups, keybinds, replays will be removed and i'm not putting any old files back into the system manually.

EDIT: Not the solution

Last edited: Aug 9, 2022
  20. carlos de hoz

carlos de hoz Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    I've had the same problem for 15 days in ranked race pieces and it goes out of the race for no reason and I've had the Internet line checked and it's ok other games without problems any ideas