Problem (Multiplayer) game crash for every participant on a server, seconds after one driver disconnects

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by V8Olli, Jul 1, 2017.

1. V8Olli

V8Olli Active Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    Hi everyone,

a few hours ago, we ... well, tried to have a league event with ca. 30 participants at Silverstone.
    Sadly, it looks as if we discovered a new bug which found it's way in the game with yesterday's patch.:(
    We had planned two races, and both of them were over after less than one lap. In both cases, one of our drivers suffered from a connection loss. Then, 20-30 seconds after the message "XY has left the game" was shown, the game suddenly crashed and every single driver was stuck with a frozen screen. We have played RaceRoom since the end of 2015 (always on the same server), and this has never happened before.
    Of course, we did some testing afterwards, and this is what we found:
    • When noone has a connection loss, the crash does not occur. Same track, same server, same drivers ... but this time, we were able to finish the whole race.
    • We could NOT reproduce the problem with "artificially produced" disconnects. We started a race, and at some point, a few of our drivers pulled their network cable, unplugged their router or killed the raceroom-task. No crash occured, the game remained stable. Even when the driver who apparently caused the two "real" crashes disconnected, nothing happened.
    We are almost certain that this new problem is somehow connected to the 06/29 - patch and can only hope that you will find a solution soon. :confused:
    If you need any additional information, please ask!

Thanks

Olli

2. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Did you use the two-race format? If so, be aware that there is a known issue which might result in other unwanted occurences.
    Do you have access to the log files of that session? If so, please attach them here, ideally from the dedi and one client.

Thanks for your report.

3. V8Olli

V8Olli Active Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    No, we drove two individual events. These were our server settings:
    [​IMG]

I believe I found the correct logfiles on my system and on the server. Additionally, i found two crashdumps. They were too large to upload them here, so I packed everything as a .rar file and uploaded it to our ftp server:
    >> Download<<

Thanks for your help!

Olli

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Thank you for your feedback.
    I'll forward your report and files to the devs, if they need more info they'll contact you here.

Cheers

Christian

• Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  5. G.Deurwaerder

G.Deurwaerder Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -0
    What I do not understand is that after every Update, there are always problems with some things

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    Same happened on the public rr server to me as well. Game froze, sound looping. Can't say what happened to the other players on the server.
    Also getting the game losing focus in fullscreens again, was not seeing that for a while.

7. jpmcdon98

jpmcdon98 Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    It's like whack-a-mole. When you squash one mole, another one pops right up. Except they're game bugs.

• Agree Agree x 1