Bug Multiplayer race ends prematurely

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Balrog, Dec 18, 2019.

1. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    I already reported this problem on Discord in a slightly different context, but the issue still persists. We held our first event since the big update (WTCR at Silverstone GP) and the aforementioned "abrupt ending" bug appeared again at the end of race 3.

Our race format was:
    Practice, Qualy (Superpole), Race 1
    *reload*
    Practice, Qualy (10 min), Race 2, Race 3 (reverse grid)

Here is a picture from the dedi with the used settings:
    [​IMG]
    Notice both 'Checkered after time' and 'Race finish duration' are set to 120 seconds.

And yet the game didn't let us finish the last lap. 10 seconds after the race time finished, it started a "Race Finish In 30 seconds" sequence and ended the fun too early.

A possible cause could be when someone waits almost until the end of the race start countdown to join the track. Because we only experienced the problem when someone did that.

2. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    Here it is in motion if anyone's interested:
    https://youtu.be/ Os5zCBjqdHA?t=5262

3. Luís de Gomes

Luís de Gomes Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Hello,

Can you attach the files:
    - Game.log
    - MWTransport.log

You can find the files at dedicated server machine on this location:
    \Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Dedicated\UserData\Log_Dedicated

Thanks

4. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    We don't have it anymore unfortunately, our prequal server runs 24/7. But if you can't reproduce it, we'll try to save it the next time it occurs (hopefully not).

5. Robert Aleardi

Robert Aleardi New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm having the same problem after I chose my everything I want to race in and with what car the game starts to load and then it crashes. the message reads (game crashed (exception code OxC0000005)), the RRRE_Crash_2019_12_19_22_54_32_847.dmp is the file, and it looks like this MDMP[]&*~[] ##@###. Will Sector3 do anything about this problem?

6. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    The crash dump is a binary file. No use to open it in a text editor. You can upload it here, the devs can read it.

7. Robert Aleardi

Robert Aleardi New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thank you Arthur, so far no problems

8. riegal9

riegal9 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    same problem on 2 pc's :(

Attached Files:

9. Luís de Gomes

Luís de Gomes Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Can you add that RRE_Crash file here?

Thanks.

10. 0n3i11

0n3i11 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    What is exactly meant by
    Checkered After Time: ?
    Race Finish Duration: ?

I didn't find any useful information about those two settings.

Example:
    Race-Time is 10 minutes (600 seconds). If I define "Checkered After Time" as 30s and Race Finish Duration for 60s - what is the result?

Is the checkered flag shown after 610s and would there be time to complete the last lap until 670s?

Background of my question: I am making some calculations on the race statistics exported from the dedicates server and the "totalTime" of the drivers in the races is useless as long drivers can't finish their laps. I tweaked those two settings and the races end prematurely as it seems. The driver will not complete their laps.

11. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    AFAIK
    Checkered After Time: the time between the race time clock hits zero and the checkered flag shown (in seconds)
    Race Finish Duration: the time between the checkered flag shown and the race actually finishes (also in seconds)

So in your example:

After 600 seconds the clock hits zero
    After 630 seconds the checkered flag is shown (even if the leaders haven't crossed the finish line yet)
    After 690 seconds, if the end of the field haven't finished yet, the AI takes control of the cars and the results are being shown

12. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    One clarification about "Checkered after time" : That setting will force the race to finish even if there's no winner known.

So if you have a server with just one guy doing donuts and never crossing the finish line, it will make sure the race actually concludes.

Once the session timer reached 0, that "Checkered after time" will start ticking, and if no winner is known by the end of that timer, then the race results are frozen like that.

In most cases you want that OFF or set to quite a large number just to make sure your public server doesn't get trolled by such a donut guy.

For a league race, you definitely should have it off.

• Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2020
  13. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the info @J-F Chardon, but something must still be off, because both parameters were high enough to finish the race without problems.

14. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    You may have found a bug indeed. We'll try and find the repro steps with the testers.
    The guess I would make would be that it might not apply properly for race 2 and race 3.

15. 0n3i11

0n3i11 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thank you very much for the clarification! It does definitely make sense, that way. Did you think about showing such an information in the configuration of the dedicated server (e.g. tool tips)?