Bug [Multiplayer] - several new issues since the last patch

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by V8Olli, Nov 24, 2016.

1. V8Olli

V8Olli Active Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    Good evening everyone,

since this topic has already been adressed in several other threads, I'm sure we're all aware of the massive multiplayer connection problems that came with the last patch. I've also read that a possible solution is on its way and that it might be deployed on friday if everything goes well.
    Let's just hope that it will solve the problems, because right now, from our perspective as a simracing league, the game is pretty much rendered useless and serious multiplayer racing is no longer possible. :(
    That being said, we also experienced a bunch of other problems that have never occured before the patch and - if I haven't overread something - were not mentioned here until now:

(1) A few drivers were disqualified while standing in the starting grid, before the lights went green.
    As a reason, the game named "early start", but as far as I know this (sadly) still isn't possible in multiplayer mode, or is it? Additionally, these drivers swore they didn't even had a gear engaged at this point. They were just idling in neutral gear.
    For our training event yesterday we set the flag rules from "black only" to "none", and this problem didn't appear again. But this can't be a permanent solution.

(2) In order to find out whether the massive connection problems we experienced last friday were related to our gameserver or are a general issue which found it's way in the game with the last patch, I spent a lot of time on public servers this weekend. While the high pings and disappearing cars occured in almost every race, I also noticed something strange:
    There were some drivers with a relatively stable connection (pings below 150, not disappearing or jumping around) which were permanently ghosted, apparently without any good reason. This of course made duels a bit pointless since I could simply drive through them. Not as bad as the high pings, but still weird.:confused:

(3) Yesterday in our training race, one of our drivers experienced something strange: when the race started, he tried to accelerate in first gear.
    Nothing happened. He engaged the second gear but the car still didn't move. In third gear, however, he slowly started rolling - but only until he reached pit limiter speed. Unfortunately, he hadn't assigned the key for the pit limiter, so he was forced to drive a whole lap with the limiter engaged. He then entered the pits and after the AI handed the car back to him, the limiter was disengaged. Maybe he will also post here and provide you with some additional information.

(4) On last friday, the multiplayer spectator tool was not working (tbh, I'm not sure if this has changed yet, because I don't know how to use it).
    Our livestream commentator posted the error screen he got in >>this thread<<, but apparently he still got no answer.

If you need further information regarding one of these problems I will speak with the affected drivers and try to provide it.

Olli

2. Rui Paiva

Rui Paiva Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Yep ...Multiplayer is in danger of disappering..... I dont care about single player, and i dont care about AI....
    I only play multiplayer and in championship leagues... witch is impossible now.