My experience and opinion so far

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Muffy, Jul 25, 2017.

1. Muffy

Muffy Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello there!
    First of all, I want to say that I'm still new to simracing and don't have much experience with other simracing games so far. Raceroom was my first choice, since I know a few people who play it and they recommended it. I also liked the idea that the basic game is free and that you can buy additional cars and tracks separately, so you only buy stuff you really want.

So I got the game and tried the cars and tracks that are in the base game, what I really enjoyed. Since I wanted to have a bigger variety of cars and tracks to choose from, I decided to buy more content.
    I spent a few hours to test drive all cars I was interested in multiple times so I could make a definitive decision which cars I buy. One of them including the Audi TT.
    Just after a few days I bought the new content, there was an update which also changed the Audi TT cup handling. After that it was really hard for me to drive the car. The car is not driveable for me anymore to be honest, which really upsets me considering how much time I put into testing. I also noticed that other players (according to several forums and posts) are upset about the change since it was not really announced or talked about earlier.

Individual case or not, at some point I have to ask why I can test drive cars, if physics are changed later on that affect the driveability of the car? You could at least give your customers the chance to vote if they are interested in the change. Just a suggestion.
    I've got to say that I'm kind of uncertain about buying new content now, since I'm not sure if this could happen again. After all, I don't want to pour my money down the drain.
    I just wanted to share my experience and opinion.

Muffy

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. ChatCureuil

ChatCureuil Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    Hi and welcome :)

I've read that the handling of this car was updated due to the feedback of a real Audi TT pilot, to make it match more the reality.
    Also some cars in R3E still use old physics and will be updated one day or another.

I understand your frustration, but ask yourself, do you prefer to drive easy cars that are not realistic, or to drive realistic cars that need more effort to learn ?

I didn't try the TT since the update, but now I've read your message I want to see the differences, cause for me the TT was a boring and too easy car to drive, maybe now it's interesting. :)

I would recommend you to learn a bit more about how to drive a FWD car, for example you can start by testing this points:
    - Don't break while steering,
    - Don't lift off the throttle while steering,
    - Always maintain a bit of throttle while steering.

Hope this will help you to enjoy this driving again.

Believe me, it's better to have a hard car that teach you driving technics, instead of an easy car that teach you nothing. :)
    And when you finally achieve a good driving with a hard car, you can have a really more satisfying driving experience.

For the commercial part, I'll let someone at S3S answer. :)

• Like Like x 7
  3. Peter Koch

Peter Koch Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +191 / 0 / -0
    That's right

4. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    What is it with the new physics that makes it undrivable, what's your issues with the car now?
    Are you using a wheel, gamepad or keyboard?

5. Muffy

Muffy Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi and thanks for the welcome!

Thanks for the advice and I don't want to sound conceited or something, but i know these points and I CAN drive. (I have my 'teachers' :))
    It's not that I'm upset about having to drive a car that it harder to drive in general. The point is that I bought something because I liked it the way it was and they changed it afterwards. I can't even use my old setups anymore. Making these took quite some time and knowing that I wasted that time..that's so upsetting.
    For me, it feels like a completely different car! I know that I could get used to it, but I paid for something different!
    I understand that they want to make it more realistic, but they should at least inform the community if they want to change something.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  6. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Some things will change over time do to the continued development and improvement of the game.
    Sometimes it might inflict on a favorite car, making you feel a bit upset. But for the most part it get changed to the better.
    And as @ChatCureuil said, this was from input by a real Audi TT race driver. :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    Information was given here.
    Updated the Audi TT cup handling after feedback from Philip Ellis. More biting in the front at turn in, and looser rear under braking.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Muffy

Muffy Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Of course they tell you what they change on the day the update comes out.
    I was more like thinking about telling the community something like 'After getting feedback from Philip Ellis, we will change the Audi TT cup handling. It will be in the next update.' a few days before the update.
    That might would have influenced my decision to buy the car in the first place.

9. ChatCureuil

ChatCureuil Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    Those were exactly my feelings with previous physics, but now this car is amazing. I would say it's even better than WTCCs, which would make it my favorite FWD of all sims.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Changing the physics is something common in all sim racing titles and usually there's no poll or vote or even prior notice. Pretty much every title that's out has seen some major changes to the tyre model or individual car physics.
    So learning and adapting to changes is and will always be part of being a sim racer, in any title you will ever use.

For the developers that will always be a risky thing to do. Of course there's the testers who give feedback before sth like this is released, but in the end it's a highly subjective matter. What one group of people likes, others will hate to the bone.
    So for them it's taking a chance. If some change turns out to be disliked by a vast majority of users it is likely that there will be a second change. But regarding this particular car the response has been overwhelmingly positive so far. Most people, like rad, see it as in improvement, so I doubt that they will change it back.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  12. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Thought the whole point of a racing driver's job was to adapt to the vehicle your in and develop it, which means even more change, tiz evolution baby! Bugger all stands still in Motorsport.
    Personally I could hardly notice the changes, you have tried deleting your setup files (should be done after any physics updates) and setting it back up from scratch?

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Muffy, dont take the following as rude, it is not meant to be. Just fact.

Fact is the money you spend on that one car, is gone.

Fact also is, there are also many other cars.

Are they all that bad that you can accept Raceroom only when getting the Audi back that you initially tried? ;)

The changes in the Audi btw in my opinion are not that dramatic. If you describe them to be like that you now cannot drive a car anymore that before you could drive, I suspect that either your controler axis setup is broken, or there - simply is indeed an issue with your driving style. The car changed, yes. But not that dramatic that it now is "undrivable" where before it was not.

14. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    hm, the changes between the original release of the TT's in it's 2015-State to the current physics-state are IMO really big and needs some adaption. So I can understand when @Muffy says, that this is not the car he bought. But as @Christian Göpfert stated, there are different types of users. I really like that there are updates in the physics to get closer to the real behaviour of the car. It's just great to notice the differences and to try something new...

• Agree Agree x 4