New to sim racing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dingleberryhandpump, Apr 5, 2019.

1. Dingleberryhandpump

Dingleberryhandpump Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Just a quick post to say hi to all you sim racers out there... Just started to fall in love with sim racing after watching vid on youtube with Jardier,Jimmy,GM ect... I have not touched a racing game since original PC but now i own RF2, and this truly awesome sim. I have already spent a fair bit on content and intending to buy the DTM pack tomorrow. Ido not as of yet own a decent wheel as having to save with 4 kids is a grind and have managed to get hold of a cheap Trust wheel as i found it a struggle with the pad. Hope to see you out there once i get some what decent and learn lines ect.

• Like Like x 5
    • Love it! Love it! x 3
  2. Rmbonk86

Rmbonk86 Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    I have 3 kids too, so i know what its like to have to money manage for our adult responsibilities. Having said that, I started on Xbox with Thrustmaster Ferrari 458 Spider which had no FFB features. Ran that for little over a year, but then bought the Thrustmaster TMX because it was supported for xbox1 and PC and has FFB. Eventually I gave my xbox1 to my oldest and wanted to get back to my roots of where Istarted on PC.

The TMX is a good wheel, it may not be as strong as other more expensive wheels but it certainly does the job at letting you know what the cars. It mounts to a desk with a clamp and the pedals can mount with screws. Overall im happy with the TMX, i do plan on getting better pedals at some point though. But since we share the same lifestyle having children an all , you probably only get a small amount of time to get on. :D

3. Dingleberryhandpump

Dingleberryhandpump Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Ty for reply sir... I get some time for gaming once they in bed hahaha... The tmx is what i was looking into getting.... I to also used the 458 spider wheel on xbox for PC and Forza but i does not work on pc... Just getting used to playing with the cheat one i picked up. Again ty for responce muchly appriciated

4. Rmbonk86

Rmbonk86 Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Same here, only get time once in bed and in the mornings before they get up.

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  5. Magictap

Magictap Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    I've only one 6 year old but a nagging wife too ;O) Time is defo in short supply for my passion. I had many xbox wheels and eventually scrapped together enough for a Thurstmaster TX, then saved for the T3PA pedals and eventually had enough for a portable rig. The Playseat challenge lets me put my passion away every night and get it out in front of the livingroom TV whenever there is a little me time ;O) Only game on laptop now to keep it portable. Great to see new sim racers joining all the time. I find its one of the few things in my life that lets me escape and not have to think