Problem Newbie pedal problems

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Les, Apr 22, 2021.

1. Les

Les New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hi
    I am trying to get my obp pedals to work in Race Room.
    The pedals are recognised and working in windows USB settings, the pedals are listed in Race Room under Active Devices, there is a banner at top of Race Room first garage page saying a controler (obp pedals) do not have a profile.
    I use the button and it sets up a profile with the pedal name but none of the pedals are doing anything at all. Trying to assign the pedals in the edit does nothing I get the 'press any key' but the pedals don't cause a response.
    My direct drive wheel system is working OK and was recognised right from the start without me having to do anything.
    I have tried to find possible solution here in the forum, but after checking out a bunch of threads, all I found (which didn't help in my case) was to unplug-wait-replug the pedals.
    Anyone care to help this old newbie?

2. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    Hi , try this , go to steam settings , controllers , if your pedals are then and are ticked untick them

Shut the game , download and run diview,
    Check the pedals are registering
    Start the game and then try to bind the pedals , double click with mouse then press pedal

Does that work

Andi

3. Les

Les New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hi
    Thanks for your help. I have the pedals working now. Your mention of Steam->Settings did not seem to help as it didn't show any way to tick/untick. Both my wheel and pedals were listed - I didn't do anything there.
    I then ran DiView and all tests showed changing values for both wheel and pedals.
    Whether anything done so far helped I don't know but this time when I ran Race Room, the assignments were found and applied - they did nothing previously.
    Thanks for you assistance. No doubt, I will have many more questions in the future.

• Like Like x 1