Problem No support for 64 button usb devices?

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by HG Hansen, Mar 28, 2015.

1. HG Hansen

HG Hansen New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi, I just go the Trackzilla button box from Derek Speare Designs. This USB device got 63 functions, but only a few of them seem to work in RaceRoom Racing Experience.
    I was aware of this limitation in old games like rFactor1, but a bit surprised that RaceRoom does not seem to support all buttons.

Any plans on resolving this?

2. Drei

Drei Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    do you really need that many buttons for a racing title? :rolleyes:

Actually Derek's homepage says only iRacing and AC will use all 64 functions..., so probably there is a software limitation on their side as well

3. HG Hansen

HG Hansen New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well, probably not in need of all of them - but I would like to use the ones I use in AC, iRacing, rF2 and pCars ;)

Anyway, this is a plain USB button device - so no software from Derek's side is needed for this one to work.

And since RR is still in beta I believe it's still possible to get some new features added :)

4. matteman

matteman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    I understand your problem. I have DSD CSW button box panels and i can only use the right side panel. You cant help but feel bummed when you purchase a new piece of awesome kit only to find it is not compatible to your favorite Sim.
    I have made several threads on the subject but it seems we are in a minority of users and as such there has been little response from S3.
    In answer to Drei 's question.. I would much prefer the option to map all my controls to a button box than rely on using the keyboard instead. For me a BBox is easier to use in game, and it adds to the whole immersion concept. Perhaps it is more of a want than a need, however i do think it should be a standard option for button box users.
    To HG Hanson, as an alternative a fellow member put me onto a program called Xpadder. It will allow you to map all your buttons in game. Takes a little setting up, and is not foolproof but, until S3 can provide a solution it the best option we have.