Non Existing Coverage From Big Channels On Youtube!??..

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by heppsan, Dec 31, 2015.

1. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    One thing that bothers me and that I find a bit worrying is the low coverage of R3E videos on the big racing channels on youtube, why is that!??..

Empty box havent covered any updates from R3E since Macau??

Failrace havent had R3E on the channel for 7 months??

Jimmy Broadbent 5 months ago?

Don't watch on Inside Sim Racing's vids anymore, but looking at their channel it seems they havent covered R3E in a vid for over a year..

GamerMuscleVideos did one for the Audi TT Cup, said there would be more on the TT, but it never did, and no cover of new content since?.

The only one that seemes to still do updates of R3E content of the channels I follow is MotoGamesTV

Have you any idea about this @J-F Chardon?
    Have there been any strife or disagreement between S3S and those channels, but all of them?? o_O
    Have they just stopped liking R3E after all those nice updates???...Then they need to get their head straight!;)

I have tried to contact some of them asking why they don't upload any R3E content anymore, but haven't got an answer.. :(

I think it should be a priority to take up and keep a good relationship with those channels.
    Tthey are a big inspiration to a lot of potential new players for R3E, and a good and easy promotional tool for the sim!

2. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    I know some yt'ers who won't review or comment stuff anymore if they don't get "incentivized" by the producers...
    Not saying that the ones mentioned here are like that, but if people are only interested if they get rewarded, idk.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    This video from Empty box was actually what made me check out R3E.

I think unlocking the game for some well known / channels with many subscribers on youtube isn't that big of a deal for S3S.
    And in terms of what they can bring back I think it's a really small fee, and shouldn't need that much consideration.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. M4IRC1IE

M4IRC1IE Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +68 / 0 / -0
    Btw. on my channel http://www.youtube.com/m4irc1ie you have a little bit more r3e content ;-)
    Yeah I noticed that too. R3e isn't getting so much attention. Could be that you don't get so much clicks on your videos with r3e content as if you show driveclub, dirt rally or these other "big titles"

5. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    If that'd be all it takes I'm sure there wouldn't be much objection, as you can see in the P1TV videos those guys are even on a WIP build (the new hud and stuff like that).
    What I meant was more and more people actually denying to mention stuff if they don't get payed for doing so, which I find a little disturbing.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    ISR has covered R3E a bit in the last few months (Audi TT, DTM, etc) as has Gamer Muscle. I also found R3E from Empty Box so I'd love to see more vids from him.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Looking at Empty box vids the R3E videos is within the normal range of 14 and 40 000 views.

Ah okay, that I can agree is disturbing.

8. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    I've watched a few ISR videos recently and while they didn't specifically mention or cover R3E I did see it running on a rig during some B-roll footage in almost all of them. Would be nice to get some more coverage of R3E from these channels since they seem to be growing in popularity a bit. Maybe we should all get together and make our own dedicated R3E channel! ;)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  9. The Angry Hamster

The Angry Hamster Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    For Youtube channels in particular the biggest driver is views, likes, and subs. If one piece of content generates more of those than another piece, they will nearly always choose the larger generator. Unfortunately, R3E still doesn't generate much for most of the larger channels so to offset that would require intervention from an outside source. Whether that is monetary compensation, advanced content, or other incentives, it is the largest reason there isn't much content from the larger channels.

Another piece of the situations is that R3E doesn't get streamed often which means there isn't all that much Twitch or Twitch-to-Youtube content going out of the game either. I personally stream many racing games and as much as I absolutely love R3E it just doesn't pull in viewers like the other games do. When you're attempting to pull in viewers from an already small subset of a market you often just can't cut your numbers that much.

These are the major 'problems' I currently see and, unfortunately, I don't have any solutions to offer.

10. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Im must be getting really old, i have been away from racing for years, only getting back into it really the latter half of this year, i did spend a few hours playing pcars early this year and liked it but not a whole lot.
    Are you tube channels really that important if the game is good enough? If its good enough they will come, i guess a long time in beta and early development has put a lot of people off trying it again, add to that the convoluted purchasing system and you have the recipe for i tried it the menu was shit so i gave up!!!!!
    Short and sweet that is how it is!

2 answers for me and my way of thinking.
    1. Create your own channel and push it and promote it everywhere you can give whatever you want whatever exposure you see fit.
    2. The creaters of the game make it so it cant be ignored much the same as 1, if its good enough they will come, that is the only real answer!

You can ignore mediocre, you can ignore average, you can even ignore good to a point (where i personally think the game is), you cant ignore great, when you do you lose face!

Make it great!
    Simple.

I do really like it, a lot, honest.

Edit, take Rome 2 and Pcars pushed to the masses, promoted by the media as huge brilliant unmissable games, both buggy as F on release, rome developement has stopped and the game still has huge issues, Pcars pretty much the same patch after patch fixing it and breaking it and breaking the fixes, neither were ready for release as full price titles, yet were pushed and promoted like they were untouchable unbeatable.

I would change the pricing, get the basics implemented (your 1 up on Pcars instantly), and make the overall package appealing to the masses rather than a select few.
    This game has so much more to offer in my eyes than Pcars do now what that game cant do and do it well, do it now well before Pcars 2 is out, steal their thunder, you take away a lot of the pcars2 promotion just by having it implemented now!
    The basics Bloody basics, PLEASE!

Crap Edit :) i hate alcohol

Last edited: Jan 1, 2016
  11. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Of Course being seen on big channels help to get people into a game, even awful games get more players if they get seen in the right places!

R3E have flaws yes, and missing some features, but so do the other titles as well.
    But most of them have more game breaking issues than R3E imo.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. St3fan

St3fan Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Yes it helps people getting into the game. EmptyBox's PCars video before its release made me pre-order the game but the game turns out to be a disappointment for me. His recent video saying he's not gonna make any more coverage of PCars because it basically sucks makes me like WTH?

I was trying to show to my friend the other day what R3E looked like, searching for R3E review videos and was really surprised to find that the latest video on Youtube search result's first page was about a year ago, and you have to search specifically to find R3E official channel, which I think is not a good sign. Also R3E still has no Wikipedia page, and no reviews from big gaming media that I remember.

In this PCars video made by EmptyBox, he says something like "if I say R3E is a sim and nobody will disagree, but if you say PCars is a sim and oh boy... R3E isn't much more of a sim than PCars". If
    think the reason why people don't argue whether R3E is not a sim, the reason why peopld don't have a fight about R3E like "my RF2 blows away your AC" and "iRacing is king of sims" stuff is that most people don't care about R3E. The story is very similar with SCE. When people talk about SCE they will be like "oh it's a very impressive sim and the most feature complete on the market", and that's it. This is not a good sign. I'm not a big fan about "viral marketing", but it's at least having some word of mouth.

13. The Angry Hamster

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    The whole "sim vs. arcade" argument is a giant trap for fanboy-ism that only promotes fragmentation and isolation. It's why I completely avoid the two words and instead use a sliding scale, relative to one another, of overall realism. Comparing how realistic the physics are in each game RELATIVE to one another ends up giving people a much much much better idea of what to expect in each game instead of just spouting out the same old "THAT'S NOT A REAL SIM" bull crap. For instance, when people ask me about Project CARS when I'm streaming, I'll often say something along the lines of "In terms of realism it's less heavy than things like RFactor 2 or iRacing, but more realistic than things like Gran Turismo. The main advantage it has is in accessibility for newer racers, or people who don't want the full realism and all that brings with it." So instead of simply saying "It's not a sim" and leaving a ton of assumptions about what that means, I've given the individual a lot of comparisons and information in a quick and easily digestible way. Unfortunately, it is more difficult than I would like to spread this idea as attaching yourself to a specific product, idea, or 'group' is much easier than actually trying to combine all of us as racing game fans.

TL;DR - Any time the word sim or arcade come up I die a little inside.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. St3fan

St3fan Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    First, your comment is quite off-topic from what I wanted to say. I was just describing my concerns about R3E being not in the news, not in the reviews, even not in the argument. This is bad for its future.
    Second, I don't think you understand why such labels as "sim" "arcade" "simcade" exist. To compete with big names in the racing game genre and steal players over to for example R3E, you need to make people believe R3E is better than for example NFS. The most impressive way is to have very clear tag of these games: NFS is arcade, and R3E is a sim. By labeling like this it will be much clear for ordinary people especially gamers outside the racing game community understands the focus of R3E. Yes sure you can go pacifist and say "they are good racing games but R3E is better and more realistic in terms of physics than NFS", but that does not make R3E sound better enough to attract more players. It's good intention to think that "people should stand in the same group called racing game fans", but that's not gonna happen. Any product needs to stand out from the crowd by some means in order to prosper and get funding to become better.

All my intentions of posting these things are to make R3E a more popular product.

15. The Angry Hamster

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    One way to stand out from the crowd would be to refuse to label your product as either a simulation or arcade title and simply label it as a racing game. :p

HOWEVER, re-reading my first sentence I realize it probably betrayed my intention within my post. I was not attempting to start something or be contrarian or be mean, but instead just wanted to state how poorly the labels "sim" and "arcade" are at actually telling users anything about the products inside and the experiences they may have.

It's also worth pointing out that you also mention "that's not gonna happen." but every trend starts somewhere and everything has a beginning. Why not here? Why not now? It's never a perfect time to start changing things, but the more you attempt to and the more pervasive that changes becomes, the more off the old behavior seems and becomes.

16. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    It's down to R3E users being more interested in driving than watching yt video's, if I have spare time I drive!

Raceroom is an evolution rather than revolution, with every update users swell, with every user the word spreads. This sim will improve and develop year on year and not be RR2, 3....., new way of doing things which I kinda like, maybe in the future it will be seen as revolutionary!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2016
  17. M4IRC1IE

Ratings:
    +68 / 0 / -0
    I think it would be Nice, if The official raceroom Channel would upload More Content Videos like a daily gameplay from other users or something like that...

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Peter Koch

Peter Koch Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +191 / 0 / -0
  19. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    • Agree Agree x 4
  20. M4IRC1IE

Ratings:
    +68 / 0 / -0
    What about a Youtube Channel where all Forum users can upload? But i think it won't work when too much users have login codes to one channel