Question Off the start line

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Badders46, Apr 25, 2017.

1. Badders46

Badders46 Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Hi all,

I used to be alright at starts but since the last update when I got the wtcc 2016 cars all I do is spin the wheels, even out of the pits... 1st gear seems so short in every car. I havent changed anything to do with gearing set up.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Dan

2. martin.pater

martin.pater Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    I got the same problem, but it looks like the clutch biting point or clutch release is to slow after the last update

3. kekke2000

kekke2000 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I play on amateur and I don't do standing starts anymore. The AI gets it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. GregoryLeo

GregoryLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    Try lowering the clutch sensitivity to 10%. That's the only way I can get the clutch to feel even remotely real.

5. Badders46

Badders46 Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    That video is exactly like me... I will try as suggested... I must also add that in the Civic, Citroen and Volvo I am so slow down the straight too... every lap! In the Chevrolet I don't have this problem... I haven't tweaked setup too much either... :-S

6. GregoryLeo

GregoryLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    Ok just watched the vid
    I had learn how long it takes the clutch to engage. It's not instant it takes about 1/2 second. Then anticipate the the green flag by that much. I gave up and use pretty much rolling starts. Even tho I prefer standing starts.

7. Badders46

Badders46 Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Well I'm happy to say that so far, changing the clutch sensitivity to 10% has definitely improver things! I haven't tried the wtcc class yet but it is definitely improved with what I have driven so far!