App Offical release of Crew chief version 4 - auto updating and shiny

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by mr_belowski, Jul 29, 2015.

1. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    if you finished the race without a penalty then surely you did whatever was needed to complete the mandatory stop. Did you notice a +1min penalty on the timing screen?

2. dungbeetle

dungbeetle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    No, I'm afraid I didn't notice. When the servers are back up I'll run it again and pay closer attention.

3. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
  4. Georg Ortner

Georg Ortner KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +3,509 / 0 / -0
    Changing only 2 tyres is enough for it to count.

• Like Like x 1
  5. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Dear mr_belowski I am having some timing issues, as in they don't match, my crew chief may require a trip to Specsavers. I've not trawled back through all the posts in this thread, so apologies if I've missed something. Rarely do the times spoken match the actual times, not that it bothers me or affects how things work for me, as I'm already at my limit so what others are doing is irrelevant, just a tad curious as to why this happens as surely all the info is from the Sim's timing info directly?

6. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    i noticed some weird timings in Sunday's league race Goose, so you're not losing you mind :). Sometimes the app thinks the current sector 3 pace (seems to be sector 3 usually) is like 2 or 3 seconds faster than it actually is.

Not sure what the cause is because, as you say, the app just pulls the data from the shared memory. I'll spend a bit of time this week debugging and see if I can work out what's going wrong.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. dungbeetle

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    Jim,
    Unfortunately today's R3E update seems to have introduced some changes in behavior making reproduction of my initial problem difficult.
    Now, for example, at the start of the race the CC tells me that my engine is 'Toast' (although it's actually fine) and he no longer makes any references at all to pitting during the race.
    B.T.W., I can confirm that I've ticked the 'Enable AMS pit schedule messages' box in preferences, assuming that's all that's required?
    I could upload a video of this if it would help.
    Regards,
    Chris.

EDIT: Also 'Enable Spotter' is ticked but I'm getting no spotter call outs any more.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
  8. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    arrghh, sorry, I completely forgot to update this thread...

The new R3E build does indeed require a new Crew Chief. I'll be pushing a new build out via the auto-updater this evening, but if you want to have the new build now it can be downloaded here:

http://crewchief.isnais.de/CrewChiefV4.7.9.5.msi

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  9. dungbeetle

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    OK. I'll give it a try.

10. dungbeetle

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    Jim.
    Installed v4.7.9.5 and all is well again except that the repeated instructions to pit still persist.
    Below is a video to illustrate this, edited down to just play the Crew Chief dialogue parts.
    Instructions are heard whilst actually pitting and also on the last available pit window lap.

11. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    yeah, that's definitely not right. The fact that your pit stall is just past the start line might have contributed to the confusion but does look like it's missing the fact that you pitted. I'll try and reproduce it

12. HoiHman

HoiHman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +142 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the update Jim,

Crewchief keeps reminding me to pit too. I'm not sure but i think if i pit later than the pack, the pit reminder starts to bug.

13. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 3
  14. dungbeetle

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    Just ran a couple of scenarios with the CC v4.7.9.6 beta using the same car/track/laps setup as before.

1. Came in on first available lap as soon as pit window opened. Result - CC advised on pit window opening, but this time no orders to box whilst pitting, no spurious beeps and no orders to come in (again) on the last lap of the window. CC correctly advised later on that the pit window was closing.
    2. Ignored pit window advice and kept driving. Result - On the last available pitting lap, CC advised that the pit window was about to close and I needed to pit this lap. I ignored this. On approaching the pit lane entry point CC told me to box now! :D

Thanks for the fix, Jim.

• Like Like x 2
  15. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    excellent, thanks for the feedback. I'll roll this into the live release with some other stuff that's been added for RF2 :)

• Like Like x 1
  16. miche34

miche34 Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Sorry for the dumb question!
    I installed the beta version, but the engineer does not start if I do not click on start application, I do not remember oops.
    I have created:
    "X:.\ Britton IT Ltd \ CrewChiefV4Beta \ CrewChiefV4 exe" RACE_ROOM, this is ok for the choice "raceroom" but not for starting the radio check.

Thank you.

17. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    i don't understand your question.

I'm making a new release tonight so the fixes (along with some other fixes including fixing a manual formation lap issue) will be in the auto-updated release soon

18. miche34

miche34 Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    What is the option to start crewchief automatically : the check voice automatically without having to click on START APPLICATION '

19. schielchen

schielchen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    @ miche34
    After opening CCyou can edit the application (what game and it's settings).
    Then you start the application. Now it knows what it has to do.
    Changes you make are permanent, so you don't have to take care of them again.

20. miche34

miche34 Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    OK i try thanks