Offline Racing - Custom Classes and BOP

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by WakAtaK, Feb 1, 2021.

1. WakAtaK

WakAtaK New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm sorry if this has been mentioned before, but I tried a search and couldn't find anything.

For AI racing offline is there anyway to have custom BOP, such as ballast? I understand ballast is possible with a dedicated server but I don't have time to run a server so I'd really like to customize the balance of classes in AI. That way I could run races in my own time.

I'd also like to build custom classes which as far as I know aren't possible anywhere in RRE.

Ideally my thoughts would be to balance for example GTE with GTR1 and/or GTR2 or other similar categories. Obviously adding weight to the faster class cars would slow them down but I think it'd be really cool to "buff" the slower cars with a negative weight ballast (say -10kg or -20kg max). The thought being that cars that have to meet the minimum weight requirements in real life need to add ballast which could be removed for my custom classes.

Along with ballast I'd like to see max fuel percentages. If some cars could have a lower maximum fuel load it would force them to stop more often while other cars keep racing. Then for example the eTCR car could run 100% battery while the standard TCR cars run 25% fuel or whatever is balanced so they both have to save energy to last the distance. This combined with ballast could make some really interesting custom classes.

So is there any chance any of this could be implemented or am I crazy? :tonguewink:

Thanks!

2. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Nothing like that is implemented right now for offline races.