Online PING Issues

Dieses Thema im Forum "General Discussion" wurde erstellt von Andrew Waring, 26. Juli 2015.

1. Andrew Waring

Andrew Waring Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Hello

Yesterday i took place in Touring Pro Series Round one of their TCONE series. While on the server it was apparent i was having connection issues. The Ping was fine for 3-5 min then it would go too zero. The ping didn't cause any lag on my screen but for others my car disappeared and they couldn't see me. My car would be hit by other players and the contact was normal for me but they didn't feel anything. I have raced online for 4 years and have never had a PING issue. i tried resetting my router running wired and wireless connection but nothing worked. I dont see the problem being on my side, so im just looking for advice on how i can fix this issue or if anyone else is experiencing it.

Also another issue i had is that in a 5 min qually i was discoed and my time was gone when i came back in the server. There was no time to do another lap so i got kinda screwed.

Any help is appreciated

Thank you

Andrew Waring
    Toronto, Canada

2. Sebbl

Sebbl Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Ha, just posted it few minutes ago in another thread. :D

Again, sounds like the same problem I and a few other people have. Not a lot of people though.

https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/multiplayer-unplayable-because-of-high-ping.1562/

Watched the TCOne replay on youtube and I had to think of my online-problems immediately.

Don't know if it has something to do with you being overseas and the servers probably being in Europe but then again there were a few Brazilian drivers who didn't seem to have issues.

Unfortunately there hasn't been any statement from the devs on this topic yet.

3. Andrew Waring

Andrew Waring Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    There was another Canadian driver in the Touring masters race last Wed and he didnt have a problem. Unfortunately it comes and goes, also i did see your post and your right it seems we have the same problems :(. very frustrating.

4. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1.268 / 0 / -0
    My MP races tonight have been awfully laggy, almost undrivable because of disappearing and appearing cars!.. .

5. machwebb

machwebb Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    I had the same problem in Race 3...you can't see me in the video.

6. Sebbl

Sebbl Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Well, there definitely seem to be a few players out there who have this problem. My first guess was it's upload related, but it also seems to happen (at least to me) even when only a handful of cars are on the server and then my theory doesn't make sense. Don't know how fast your down-/upload is, Andrew. I'm still not 100% sure if it's a upload-bandwith-problem or some other issue.

I have to say, MP is still in Alpha, so these things can happen, but S3S has to be careful with these issues. As RRRE is a F2P-game you only can use your paid for content if the core-features of the sim are working flawlessly. If they don't that can quickly chase people away. Especially if it's things like the above were potentially problems for one driver can ruin the races of a few drivers on the same server. And we have to remember that RRRE is quite expensive, so people probably are and should be a bit more strict when judging the quality of the sim.

For me, at the moment at least, it kills the game pretty much. Don't care about offline racing as I find that quite 90's-style and was really awaiting multiplayer (respectively the dedis). Would've liked to participate in the DTM championship, but that would only be a ruined race for me and probably a handful of other drivers...
    Very frustrating, but as said above, just bad luck for me, that I'm one of the few ones affected. At least as long as multiplayer is Alpha... don't know how long it will stay that way though. Apart from the issues and some features which are missing from the game completly (refueling etc.) it already looks to be quite complete.

What is a bit of a pity is that there hasn't been a statement from the devs yet. In pretty much every other thread they are quite communicative, which I find really good of them. I guess they are aware of the problem but they either don't know what the problem is yet or they just don't want to say something about the issue...

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1.268 / 0 / -0
    I almost never had those issues before we got the dedi, so I think it's with them most of the problem lies.

8. Ernie

Ernie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    The netcode of R3E is very solid and works quite well. There are a lot of rough estimations necessary to predict car positions during connection issues, which could happen quite often. Small lags could be handled, but there's a limit, where almost every predicted calculation fails. The netcode has to fill all the data holes, until it becomes a mission impossible. ;)

Also a very long distance to the server could cause a connection delay, where it gets difficult to syncronize players around the world. But mostly these connection issues are "home-made" (bandwidth problems, router problems, windows problems, etc.)

9. Rella

Rella Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    My question is why it worked quite solid till the 10GB update and since then in 90% of MP races I have lags, timepwarps or it looks ok from my perspective but others complain that I am/was lagging. My system stayed the same.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Gil Ritter

Gil Ritter Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    I can confirm the observation Sebbl made. I had similar problems during a race last week. My car disappeared for all other drivers and I didn't see any other car. But I was able to drive and I was still in the position list on top of the screen. From time to time I saw other cars and other players saw me (for seconds). And I was listed in the race results.

11. Rella

Rella Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    Maybe it makes sense to post these issues into Sebbl's thread to have one common thread. For now it looks like that just very few people have this issue and maybe that's the reason why we got no responce from dev side yet. Even if it's still a minor group but from my point of view it seems more people have issues of this kind (also considering some messages in the chat during MP races).