Bug Paul Richard (In Pit Lane)

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by MPN64, Jul 19, 2015.

1. MPN64

MPN64 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Should the pit limiter really warn here?

[​IMG]

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Hmm, there are some other tracks that have this sort of warning where you wouldnt always expect as well. Salzburgring and Portimao come to mind. The warning at Salzburgring was an issue because it was on the racing line and it would pop up constantly, whereas at Portimao, it is off the racing line and you only really notice if you drive by the inside barrier, or dive in late to the pits.

At Paul Ricard, it's pretty much the same way. This is off the racing line and so the warning doesnt pop up unless you go out of your way to drive there. I guess it also doesnt help that PR has a very odd pit entrance with very little space to slow down as you enter the pit lane. So this warning would be incredibly short if it was only displayed when you were off track and entering the pits.

Personally, I dont have a problem with it at PR. it only seems to show when you are inside the white pit lane entrance lines too, as you can see in your photo. So it makes sense.

3. MPN64

MPN64 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    True, but it is also an grid position where I stand, that would mean that if you get that grid position you will have that warning at start?
    Since I am an single player (for now) I never got that grid position but online it mite be an issue?

Anyway not an huge problem, should have tagged it as an question instead of an bug.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2015
  4. Sascha Brandenburg

Sascha Brandenburg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +56 / 0 / -0
    Maybe u can test it .

Go into single player and then say "No Qualification". Then u can choose your starting grid position. So i havent got the track at the moment to test this but maybe someone of you who has the track can test this in single player session :)

5. MPN64

MPN64 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    I just did....
    It shows up after the lights turn green, so you will see it for some second(s) depending how fast you are in the starts;)
    I guess it depends on the mentality of the person that get that grid position if it,s annoying or not:p:D

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Looking at it that way, this could definitely be a bit of a bother for some people... I hadn't thought about the notification appearing at the start of the race from a grid spot back there. :p

Do you happen to recall what grid position that was? Im guessing between 21-24? That would probably help so the devs could take a look at that and see if they can alter the message so it doesnt appear at the start of a race, or slightly alter the area in which it appears.

Good job spotting that ;)

• Like Like x 1
  7. AMarkham40

AMarkham40 Active Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Maybe the developers could tie in the pit speed notification window with the pit in menu. That way the pit speed window only comes up when you have the pit menu selected before a pit stop.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. MPN64

MPN64 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    It,s grid position 20.
    This is an non issue for me right now, my GPU only like about 16 cars on all tracks,even if some tracks can take more cars.