Question Paypal now a requirement?

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by simrace2, May 7, 2017.

1. simrace2

simrace2 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I just tried to purchase 7500 vrp via the raceroom store. It said that I could pay via paypal or with a credit or debit card. I want to pay with a credit card, but I was not allowed to move forward with the transaction unless I signed up for a paypal account. When I bought vrp and content in the past this was not required. Is this now necessary for raceroom purchases?

2. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    Seems to work for me normally

3. simrace2

simrace2 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Maybe it's being affected by region. I'm in the United States and I've tried to purchase multiple times, using different browsers and even different computers and during the transaction process it insists I enter an e-mail address and create a password for paypal. I tried using both express checkout and checkout as guest, both lead to the same result.

4. simrace2

simrace2 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I think I figured out the problem. If I go to the raceroom store and select International instead of the United States, it will allow me the option of credit card or paypal. If I select the US option it causes the problem I described in my previous posts. The International choice is more expensive for the same content, 49.99 euro is about $54.99 US. The US site lists 7500 vrp as $49.99.

5. Patrick van der Meulen

Patrick van der Meulen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    I bought this week vRP's and could pay with my creditcard without Paypal (i'm from the Netherlands). So I tought this could be well a regional setting. If you set your region on raceroomstore.com to United States, Paypal is the only paying option. But if you set it to International (English), you get the option to pay with both direct creditcard or Paypal.

Maybe the reason is because orders via region settings International is handled via KW Germany and region settings United States is handled via KW US. So if you set your region to International (right on top of the site), everything should be fine.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Patrick van der Meulen

Patrick van der Meulen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    I'm typing to slow :p
    Is the US price including VAT? Because of my understandings, pricing in the US is mostly of the time excluding VAT because of differences between states?

7. simrace2

simrace2 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Patrick, I just tried the International method and it will allow the credit card as we both figured out. I did not purchase because not only is the exchange rate causing a higher price, but there is also an additional 3% surcharge for not paying in native currency. As far as the VAT goes, I don't think it was to be added on, but maybe the 3% surcharge has something to do with that. We don't have VAT taxes in the United States so I'm not familiar with what percentage of a purchase that normally is. Thank you for your help and input.

I don't know if Raceroomstore has the ability to change the payment process to get rid of the paypal signup for US buyers, but if they can I hope they choose to do so. The buying experience for DLC and this game is probably not as streamlined as it should be. Between Steam, vrp points, individual purchases, international pricing differences and package purchasing there's too many price points for the same content. Why not make it easier for people who like your game and want to give you their money?

• Agree Agree x 3