Resolved Pitlane Speed Limiter

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Paul Darke, Jan 26, 2017.

1. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    Testing a pit stop on Nurburbring GP in DTM 15 BMW on get real mode. Found that the limiter does not work in pit lane. Activated it while on track and it does work. This happened while in Multiplayer.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2017
  2. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Hmm, i guess the first thing to say about manual pit stops is... that the limiter will not automatically turn on or off anymore. It is fully manual.

That said, are you pressing the button you have set for pit limiter before entering the pits? Doing this, my car locks at 80 kmh and remains that way until i disable the pit limiter after exiting the pit lane. So, it works properly for me after multiple attempts.

Tested in Single player practice mode. Were you in MP?

3. Andy Blade

Andy Blade Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Yes he was

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    I guess i should have read the last sentence in the OP :oops::(

Now that me being a moron is out of the way...

I'll try checking this one out later if someone doesnt beat me to it. :D

5. Andy Blade

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Already testing :) nah not really

• Like Like x 1
  6. Paul Darke

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    Nate, Just tested on Hockenheim GP with Audi TT RS. Does not work in pit lane but does on track. Pressed button to activate as I entered the speed limit area. No reponse, but after I had finished the stop and left pit lane the limiter activated without me pressing the button. It did deactivate when I pressed the button again.

7. Paul Darke

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    same result in single player mode at Hock GP in the Audi TT RS and the ADAC 15 Bentley

8. Andy Blade

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Oh its actually mapped to ignition button Paul try it in next race ;) honest least that's what Chris told me

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Hmm, I just hopped on some of the ESR servers that were setup and went to Nurb GP and Hock GP, the first in practice session and the 2nd in a qualy session. Couldnt reproduce this. When i am driving to the pit entrance where the cones are, I slam the brakes and press the button for the pit limiter. My car then bounces off the limiter going ~80 kmh and I can pull into my pit stall, finish the pit stop and exit the pit lane past the 2nd set of cones where I then deactivate the pit limiter and drive away.

Hmm, this shouldnt be happening anymore as far as I am aware. The game should never do any pit limiter adjustments for you anymore. Either turning it on automatically or turning it off. I remember whining to J-F about this in testing because I liked how it used to deactivate once you left the pit lane, now you need to do that manually.

If you have time later, would you mind verifying the game files in Steam?

I'll have to pass this one along to someone else as I cant think of what the issue may be. Hmm, what happens if you dont press your pit limiter button whatsoever when driving down pit lane? The game should let you drive through without slowing down.

Also, since the limiter works when you press it elsewhere on the track... what happens if you enable the pit limiter near the final corner of any track... then slowly drive down pit lane like that? It should stay engaged.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Paul Darke

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    If you have time later, would you mind verifying the game files in Steam?
    Did that before I started. Always do it after an update just in case.

Also, since the limiter works when you press it elsewhere on the track... what happens if you enable the pit limiter near the final corner of any track... then slowly drive down pit lane like that? It should stay engaged
    I will give this a try.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Paul Darke

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    Verified Cache again just to be sure, Downloaded 1 file. Pit limiter works as it should now.

12. Stede

Stede Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    It would be nice if we could get a mark or hint, that Pit-Limiter is active...maybe in the small dashpanel on the right lower corner with one of the upcomming patches (as early as u can implement it). Now it makes a lot sense to use Pitlimiter, before patch u didn't need it really. But u have now light, mark or hint that Pit-Limiter is active.

• Agree Agree x 7
  13. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    i find the sound of the engine bouncing off the limiter reminds me

Andi

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Rella

Rella Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    That's right but if you won't hear the bouncing sound it will be too late to avoid a penalty. Don't know if it's implemented in the virtual wheels as I switched this off but such an indicator would be helpful. Yesterday at the first manual pitstop I wondered if the limiter is still active after the stop or if I have to push the button again. Now I know how it works but sometimes you could press it by chance. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2017
  15. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    ive always manually implemented it , just old habits really , flying into the pitlane , hit your braking point ; hit the limiter cross line and hopefully be perfect and not have to speed up again

Andi

16. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    A control light for the limiter would be cool or is there one ?

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. Pfalzdriver

Pfalzdriver Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +85 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  18. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Thanks,
    I could connect another Monitor, don't have a tablet or sth. but all in all I would prefer just to have a tiny light :) ingame on the virtual dashboard for example....

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. fl0wf1r3

fl0wf1r3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    I absolutely agree, we get information for instance about tire temp, which do not have any use so far but a light for the limiter is missing in the HUD

20. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    I have a dash so I see the pit limiter working on the led's flashing a pretty pattern, but I would of thought you could do the same with the in car led's as well, but alot off them need updating as they are nearly white, good example is the Z4.