post update

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ohioracer, Apr 11, 2017.

1. ohioracer

ohioracer New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    since the latest update, whenever I am on track, ask for pit in, pull into pit lane, my keyboard will not work. None of the arrow keys to move selection up or down on pit menu or enter or escape work. I must then alt/tab out of the game, re-enter the game then all is fine. This put me at a bit of a disadvantage during a competition. I have re-mapped my keys to be sure and no help, must alt/tab out and in. Any help returning to the old way? pull in, confirm stop and hit enter. Thanks for any help.

2. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Are you sure this only happens while you're in the pits? (So while driving and bringing up the pit request menu the keyboard inputs are being recognised?)
    Which display mode are you using, windowed or full screen? (If you're using windowed, maybe some process kicking in after launching the game makes Windows lose focus of the game window, thereby not sending the inputs to the game.)

3. Pfalzdriver

Pfalzdriver Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +85 / 0 / -0
    Christian, there is some kind of issue, didnt figure out myself whats the cause.

On my desktop (Win7 Pro, 64Bit, R3E Fullscreen 1080p) the Keyboard works completely fine in R3E. On my notebook (X220, Win7 Pro, 64Bit, R3E windowed 720p) which I use to record races with the spectator, my keyboard doesnt work anymore since the last bunch of updates. And while R3E is running, even my Avira is disabled, except MSI Afterburner nothing else is active. Worked like a charm before those last updates, and no Windows-Update was installed since that.

A pal of mine (Win10 Pro, 64Bit) reported yesterday in practice his ESC-Button doesnt work, he couldnt reset himself back to pits while he was on track. He had to ALT-Tab to the desktop and back to the game, after that it was working again. And he is an IT-guy, so he knows what he is doing. FYI, Fullscreen-Mode 1080p.

FYI, Alt-Tab didnt work at my notebook, so I had to kill the task R3E.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. ohioracer

ohioracer New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Yup! I can bring up pit menu while on track but upon entering the pit lane- in line, no more keyboard until i alt/tab out and back in then all is ok.
    1080i full screen. Also noticed since update my exit menu's now take up to 25 seconds to respond, just never did before, they were instant, just an observation. Quite frustrating but meanwhile, how cool is it that this game just keeps getting better and better? love the new flag rules. All this does is remind me to take slow deep breaths while i sit and grin at my wheel.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Pfalzdriver

Pfalzdriver Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +85 / 0 / -0
    @Christian Göpfert: Updated my notebook yesterday to Win10 Pro and did some testing afterwards. And now I'm completely confused. :D

Started R3E in Spectator Mode (Windowed, 720p), entered a practice session at Raceroom Raceway, ESC didnt work. Alt-Tabbed, back to R3E, ESC didnt work. I had to close R3E by force. Immediately after that I restarted R3E, entered the same session again, and ESC was working now.

I've tried this a couple of times, sometimes the KB worked, sometimes it didnt. Sometimes it worked two restarts in a row, sometimes three restarts, sometimes only once. It's completely random.

So imho this isnt OS-related. :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for all the info guys. The team is aware of the issue and we've got a working theory about what might be causing these issues.

• Like Like x 1