Resolved Problems with my FFB (T300)

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by David Peres, Jul 5, 2017.

1. David Peres

David Peres Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +96 / 0 / -0
    So I have had a T300 for about one year now and it works flawlessly in pretty much every sim I play, except for Raceroom.

The problem is that I keep loosing the sense of weight anytime I go over a particularly more aggressive bump or if I have contact with other car. As soon as that happens the wheel looses all sense of weight but the "rumble" effects on the curbs and so on keep on working.

If I press escape to go back to the menu and then escape again to return to the game then it's all working perfectly again until something happens that upsets the car slightly more than usual and then the feeling of weight goes away again (there must be a better term to describe this rather than "feeling of weight" but english is not my main language).

I usually never bother much with FFB settings and honestly I have no idea what most functions do, but on Raceroom I've tried pretty much every thing and the problem doesn't go away. Currently I'm using settings that are very similar to the ones recommended on the FFB guide thread of this forum, although I reduced the overall forces a bit since I tend to prefer more subtle/weaker FFB so it's not even a problem of clipping.

It doesn't seem to be a problem with my T300 because it works perfectly in AC, RF2 and AMS. I love Raceroom so much that I keep on playing it even with this issue but it can be annoying sometimes so I would appreciate any help.

2. DreamsKnight

DreamsKnight Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +94 / 0 / -0
    change USB port

go in
    C:\Users\"your name"\Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\ControlSet
    delete all rcs files.

profiler (this is the best for each game)
    75%
    900°

enter raceroom, change FFB in this way:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

i like high minimum force, your choice.
    set vertical force to 50, not 45.

this is the best FFB i ever tried in each game. settings are well balanced to fit fast each car, if necessary i change each car FFB just a couple of click higher or lower.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Rodent

Rodent Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    Not able to reproduce this one so far, if DreamsKnights settings doesn't work for you can you give me a Car/Track combo?

4. David Peres

David Peres Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +96 / 0 / -0
    Yeah I would imagine this isn't exactly a problem that can be easily reproduced since I've searched online and couldn't find anyone with a similar complaint... however, @DreamsKnight solution completely solved the problem for me! After more than 150 hrs of playing Raceroom with FBB that would only last for 30s or less, I can finally enjoy this sim without that annoyance! :)

I've tried pretty much everything regarding FBB settings with no results so I guess that changing the USB ports and deleting the rcs files is what did the trick... but regardless, it's working now! Thanks! :)

• Like Like x 3
  5. DreamsKnight

DreamsKnight Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +94 / 0 / -0
    and now enjoy the best sim out there. :D

• Agree Agree x 1