Question Questions about DTM 2015

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Gerbuho, Dec 14, 2015.

1. Gerbuho

Gerbuho Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +264 / 0 / -0
    Hello everybody.

I have a couple of questions and hope someone could help me.

First I'd like to ask about the use of DRS in DTM 2015. I can see it's different from previous years but can't understand quite well how it works (I mean when to use it or if there's a maximum number of uses allowed, etc.).

Second: Theres something I thought could be some kind of bug but something tells me it is not, but something that's supposed to be there but I just don't know about it.

In championship (30min), at the start of second race there's a sign that apears at the top of the screen: "Tire change allowed for the next lap" (or something like that). After first lap there's another one that apears everytime I pass the finish line: "Tire change not allowed untill lap 19", this one is particularly annoying cause apears in every lap, covers the virtual mirror and lasts almost 'till turn 2. Two laps before the end it says: "Tire change lap". Maybe there's another one in the final lap but I'm not sure.
    I really don't understand. BTW, it had mandatory pit stop wich happened as usual: window open - pit stop - window closed. Can somebody explain to me what does all this mean?

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Hannes Wallstedt

Hannes Wallstedt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    Drivers are now allowed to use DRS 3 times per lap if they are within 1 second of the car ahead of them when crossing the start/finish line.

Those messages you describe are:

"Tire change allowed from next lap"
    "Tire change allowed until Lap XX"
    "Tire change last lap" (or something like that)

These messages simply notify you of during which laps tire changes are allowed. Outside of the laps where tire changes are allowed tire changes are impossible.
    We're going to take another look at this, and see whether this is something that should be in DTM 15.

3. Gerbuho

Gerbuho Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +264 / 0 / -0
    Thanks again Hannes. Now the DRS thing is clear :D

About those messages, seems odd. I find it weird that you can only change tires at the second lap or at the lap before the last one of the race. Makes no sense to me or I'm missing smething. Besides, seems strange too to have the "... until xx lap" message along the whole race, doesn't it? Those laps in wich these mesages allow tire change have nothing to do with pit window BTW. This I still don't understand. :(