Race finished while in pitlane

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fleskebacon, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Fleskebacon

Fleskebacon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +258 / 0 / -0
    So I had a race at the Daytona Road Coarse today, Gr.5 with 27 computer enemies, 30 min race. I had a bad race, qualified at like p21, miscalculated my fuel, and eventually understood that I probably wouldn't make it without pitting, which was my race plan.

At this point I was at p22 or something, and then suddenly a lot of enemies pitted, so I took the opportunity and decided to try and finish the race without pitting. That was my only hope of finishing anything but almost last. Gained some places doing this, but when it was less than one minute remaining, I was approaching the last lap with only 2 litres, which I knew was not enough. Bummer, but a calculated risk.

What happened then, I didn't understand. I entered the pit lane, but before I reached my box, I was lapped, and the leader passed the finish line. I was p16 when I entered the pits, and I still was p16 at the time I reached my pit box. But I couldn't pit, and was left there with 2 litres of fuel, and still one lap to go. When I exited the pits in despair, the race ended immidiately as I exited the pit lane, and I was declared p22.

Is this a bug, or did I just screw up? (Yeah, I know I screwed up, but you know what I mean.) What happened?

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021