Problem Raceroom no longer starts.

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Steve Isaacs, Aug 16, 2021.

1. Steve Isaacs

Steve Isaacs New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yesterday Raceroom stopped starting properly. It is wedging after displaying the initial splash screen. It did start twice following many attempts. I deleted the BrowserData directory in Documents->My Games->SimBin->RaceRoom Racing Experience but that didn't help.

This misbehavior started while I was attempting to calibrate triples with Surround enabled. I deleted graphics_options.xml in UserData thinking that might be the problem but that didn't help.

Sadly, the launcher.log appears to be binary. I've attached the file in case it is important and someone can view it.

Update: I retried starting several times at one time and Raceroom started after the 8th attempt. Perhaps the work-around is to just keep trying.

Update: This may be the same problem reported by PellonPekko.

Another update: This problem is mostly gone today. I've only had two failures and restarted several times attempting to trigger the problem again. One thing I noticed about the failure is when it occurs I can see three instances of RRREWebBrowser.exe in the task manager. When everything starts normally there are no instances of RRREWebBrowser.exe. I'm suspecting a race condition on the network during initialization.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 17, 2021
  2. Peter Koch

Peter Koch Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +191 / 0 / -0
    It´s not very polite to hijack someones thread.

3. Amir_Pomen68

Amir_Pomen68 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

I knew i should apologize for that...im really sorry for the op..

*I have delete my earlier post since ive found the correct thread with similar issue*

but im in dire need to compete in time window of a local competition event.. and just about fresh install of RR less than 24hour ago...

Being new in this forum.. i can start a new thread..and tried using search function result in nothing of similar to my problem

Last edited: Aug 17, 2021