Problem Raceroom won't start anymore

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Barnabás Tasi, Dec 11, 2020.

1. Barnabás Tasi

Barnabás Tasi New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi!

Raceroom was working perfectly up until one point, where it took longer than usual to start.
    When it finally started, It didn't work normally, I couldn't enter a competition, it dropped me back into the main menu, and then, for the second trial, it simply didn't load. I killed it with task manager after a while.
    Then, I tried to restart raceroom, but since then it won't load. Tried numerous times. Its state goes to "not responding" about 4 seconds after the initiation of the start.

Help is much appreciated!

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. dudasro

dudasro New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Yo!
    Same here since yesterday, very slow and long loading at start (and looks like in the task manager the game not responding), sometime simple can',t start. If i can, after i pressing on "Multiplayer" sometimes loading sometimes not, but mostly getting "Error 13", and sometimes been able to play or crashed while racing.
    Tryed to repair gamefiles twice now, tryed to start w/o Otterhud, tryed to change compatibility mode both on game and steam, restarted everything. There are no new crashdump file either and i got only windows update yesterday (KB4592449).

EDIT1:
    Till midnight first removed win update, updated amd driver, reinstalled game and steam, reinstalled winupdate again but nothing changed over midnight. Few hours later the game been able to start again in a bit slowmode, but at next morning was everything fine again.
    Btw, i got the same problem with random sites and my first thought was something ISP failure.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2020
  3. Dez

Dez New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    The same thing happens to me (KB4592438)

Last edited: Dec 11, 2020
  4. Barnabás Tasi

Barnabás Tasi New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Okay, so it eventually did start for me today, after some investigation, I found out that it was probably a problem with the internet connection. There was internet, sites were loading, but it was very limited I believe.
    It's kind of annoying that it doesn't tell me that there is a problem with the internet, instead, it just goes into a not responding state.

5. carlos de hoz

carlos de hoz Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Same problem when I always start in the administrator without response, after 2 or 3min it starts but with problems in servers and reinstalled. Firewall disconnected. Antivirus checking my internet line i still the same, the other games ok

6. cajotoso

cajotoso New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I need help!!! It won't start. It seems that I dont have the "exe" file?

7. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Maybe your antivirus software deleted it. Verify the integrity of your game files in Steam and add the .exe to the antivirus exceptions, if needed.