Real Racing Drivers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by paulinhot, Jun 14, 2015.

1. paulinhot

paulinhot Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    This morning I was racing in my lovely 2014 Lada WTCC and the people in front of me were mighty fast and consistent, and just before I ran wide and lost touch with the leading 3-4 cars I started to think how many pro/semi drivers use this lovely sim, as I suspect it's a fair few.

Just before I headed into the gravel trap I had a very silly and probably stupid idea, would it be possible for real racing drivers to be given special car skins ? or a decal stuck on the back of the car they are racing, so when they go past I can raise my hand to them :D :D

2. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    The registered drivers from DTM or ADAC GTM have a special badge, so you can see in the server list if one of them is on a server.
    Been seeing some of them now and then.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Would be cool if the standard skins all had the little yellow rectangle on the rear end with a diagonal black cross through it to signify 'rookie'. Then the 'real' drivers could have the same skin with no rookie badge

• Like Like x 2
  4. Azfalt Raser

Azfalt Raser Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    what a great idea.

Have some type of logo on the back of a car signifying skill level, based on the number of races they have run or the laptimes they run relative to the rest of the field.

Novice
    Amateur
    Veteran
    Expert
    Pro

It would help to identify who to steer clear of, who will give you a good race, and who you will never catch. :p

• Like Like x 1
  5. James Nance

James Nance Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +301 / 0 / -0
    Thats exactly what iRacing does with there License/iRating system. I kinda like the idea, but in a way irrelevant.

• Like Like x 1
  6. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    I had a similar idea but with regards to the dispute over allowing custom skins, instead of multitudes of ghastly peppa pig skins in shocking pink why not just make the decals customisable but leave the cars standard. This way teams, pro's and peppa pig lovers can get as artistic as they like!

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1