Question Shifting vibrations on gamepad

Dieses Thema im Forum "Community Support" wurde erstellt von TheFlash, 3. April 2016.

1. TheFlash

TheFlash Active Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    @Metalogic

- Engine vibration:
    Works on the DS4 but I turned it off.

- Kerb vibrations:
    It could be helpful if you drive in cockpit-view. I drive in external view where it's not necessary but I like. Most of the time it doesn't interfere with the slip effects. Most (or maybe all) kerbs activate the heavy rumble motor (heavier low frequency rumble) and when slightly slipping the light rumble motor (lighter high frequency rumble) goes on. If slipping gets the heavy rumble motor on, it's too late because the car is already out of control.

- Accuracy and deadzones:
    I played a lot on the 360 Pad years ago but I don't have it anymore. So I can't compare it directly in Raceroom. All I can say is that the triggers and sticks on the DS4 are extremely precise and I can't feel any deadzones. When deadzones are set to 0 it immediately recognizes the input.

- Sixaxis:
    I haven't tried the Sixaxis motion detection but in DS4Windows tilt up, down, left and right are listed in the section where you can assign inputs to actions. So should be possible to assign it to the buttons you've set up in Raceroom. Maybe it's even possible to steer with the Sixaxis motion ... but even if it works I wouldn't recommend it. I've tried that in other racing games and the problem is that you don't have a fixed center point (like on a mounted wheel).

- Settings:
    My in-game settings (some may already set to those values by default; not mentioned settings are definitely the default values of the standard gamepad/360 profile):

FFB Intensity 100
    Engine Vibrations 0
    Brake Vibrations 50
    Kerb Vibrations 100
    (Shift Effect value is irrelevant because it doesn't seem to work on any gamepad. At least it doesn't on the 360, DS4 and GPX)

Additional DS4Windows settings:
    Overall FFB Effects 150%
    20% heavy rumble on upshift-button
    100% light rumble on downshift-button

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Metalogic

Metalogic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, do you think Sixaxis would would for looking left/right (on a low sensitivity setting), though? Would be bad for steering, but an easy way to look left/right could be very useful!

3. TheFlash

TheFlash Active Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Do you mean (a) the more you tilt left/right, the more the camera moves to the left/right or (b) tilt left/right, camera moves 90° left/right?

(a) Is there an option in the settings menu in Raceroom for a button to do that? I don't think so or at least I can't remember having seen one. If there's no button in Raceroom for that you obviously can't assign it to Sixaxis movements.
    (b) should be possible

But overall, I don't think you'd be happy with anything you could do with Sixaxis. It's not as precise or immediate as sticks/triggers and you always move the gamepad a little bit while playing so it would often activate the action by accident.

4. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    I don't think a) would be possible, probably just b), but your probably right, might just be annoying in-game...

I'd be interested to directly compare how the sensitivity of the thumbsticks and triggers of the Dualshock 4 are compared to the 360 controller, but unless there's somewhere here who already owns both, that would be yet another controller I'd need to get (and possibly send back)...

5. TheFlash

TheFlash Active Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Both, Microsoft and Sony, improved their Gamepads for the new generation in terms of sensitivity/precision. I don't think to 8 years older 360 pad is as precise as the improved DS4. Besides, the tumbsticks and triggers on the DS4 are more sensitive and precise than I can actually handle. I'm also sure that both pads won't disappoint you with their sensitivity and precision.

6. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    Have you thought of getting some medium-length thumbstick extenders like these?: http://www.kontrolfreek.com/thumbsticks/fps-freek-cqc.html/

I found the XBox One Elite controller's sticks easier to control with the longer stick option you could swap in, something similar might help on the DS4 controller.

7. TheFlash

TheFlash Active Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Haven't thought about those. Maybe I'll buy one.

By the way, we went totally off topic. If someone reads this who can move the thread, it probably belongs more in the hardware section now. When shifted, I will rename the thread title to a more appropriate one.

Zuletzt bearbeitet: 11. April 2016