SimBim games

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shellslad79, May 15, 2018.

1. Shellslad79

Shellslad79 New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

This might be a bit off-topic. I wanted to find out if SimBim's other games, like Race 07, STCC and GTR are playable on Windows 10? I really love RaceRoom and I want to try the older titles as well.

2. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
  3. Shellslad79

Shellslad79 New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the reply. Would i have to change settings? I've read in some online comments about having to change the settings on those games. Which is why i asked this question in the first place. I've not been a PC-games for long and i have very little knowledge of these things. Is it conplicated or do I just download the games and play them?

4. kendoslow

kendoslow Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    One thing is you need to manually change your steering lock no auto in older games.

5. wad53

wad53 Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    I have these running on Win 10 ok, don't recall having to change any settings.
    I'd recommend getting them through Steam and picking up one of the available Bundle Packs (Mega Bundle or Injection) which gives you more of the extras at good value pricing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    I second that, last time I tried them they ran fine on Win10.

7. Shellslad79

Shellslad79 New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    That is exactly what i was planning to do. But reading the comments on Steam some people said they don't work on Windows 10, so I didn't want to spend the money for them not to work.

8. Shellslad79

Shellslad79 New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    You guys have been very helpful. Thank you. I only started PC-gaming last year, so I don't really know much about it, I'm used to putting a disc in a console and everything works. I've never even played online before. I will look in to all this when I have the time, but I definitely will play more PC sims if I can get all of this to work. I do have an older PC so i might have some troubles

9. kendoslow

kendoslow Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    These are older games anyway, so they should be fine.

10. Shellslad79

Shellslad79 New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Thank you so much. One more question: do these games like RaceRoom support controllers? I bought one for RaceRoom because I'm a console gamer.

11. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Yes, I've been using all of them with a gamepad and they work very well. Arguably even better than most console racers from my pov, because you have the same detailed customisation options as in Raceroom, which many console games don't offer.