Bug Slip Effect on Accuforce is incorrect

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Mike S, Feb 1, 2018.

1. Mike S

Mike S Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Something very strange going on with slip effect and possibly curb vibration as well. Hard to explain but instead of a vibration or chatter from the wheel when slip effect is encountered, the wheel slowly oscillates back and forth like a large but slow oversteer event. No vibration is felt at all. Imagine a sin wave where instead of a bunch of small rapid spikes you get a big slow roller coaster. Similar with the curb effect, the wheel actually pulls the opposite direction I think it should and is a slow roller instead of a jolt.

I've tried running in and out of SimCommander. I also am using the prebuilt Accuforce profile in the game. I tried running anything from 10-64 slip effect and it's always there. I never had this feeling with my T500. It's almost like the update rate is being halfed our doubled for the effects.

Can someone verify on there side as well?

2. Mike S

Mike S Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Think I figured it out. When selecting Accuforce and adjusting the FFB settings i'm noticing that the slip effect freq multiplier is 0.1. If you change this to 1.0 it feel much more natural like tire chatter. My default settings were listed below.

Does anyone know what the Accuforce settings are supposed to be? I think that the Accuforce settings may be messed up a bit. I doubt it's supposed to be 0.1 by default.

FFB rumble strip magnitude="0.0" // How strong the rumble strip rumble is. Range 0.0 to 1.0, 0.0 disables effect.
    FFB rumble strip freq mult="0.1" // Rumble stip frequency multiplier 1.0 = one rumble per wheel rev.
    FFB rumble strip wave type="0" // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.
    FFB rumble strip pull factor="-0.1" // How strongly wheel pulls right/left when running over a rumble strip. Suggested range: -1.5 to 1.5.
    FFB jolt magnitude="0.1" // How strong jolts from other cars (or walls) are. Suggested Range: -2.0 to 2.0.
    FFB shift jolt magnitude="0.0" // How strong jolts you get from shifting. Suggested Range: -2.0 to 2.0.
    FFB shift effect duration="0.3" // Duration of shift effect in seconds
    FFB slip effect="0.5" // Slip effect, from 0.0 to 1.0
    ffb slip freq multiplier="0.1" // Slip effect frequency. 1.0f = 1 cycle per wheel rev
    ffb slip wave type="0" // Slip effect wave type

• Like Like x 1
  3. TDIdriving

TDIdriving Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    FFB slip effect="0.2" // Slip effect, from 0.0 to 1.0
    ffb slip freq multiplier="1.0" // Slip effect frequency. 1.0f = 1 cycle per wheel rev

So i have it today and it felt much better then default, all the otther presets are using 1,0 instead only accuforce 0,1...