Slow down penalty

Dieses Thema im Forum "General Discussion" wurde erstellt von Raaf, 14. März 2016.

1. Raaf

Raaf Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    When playing single player RaceRoom races, I always set cut track penalties to 'slow down', but although I do often leave the track unvoluntary, I never experienced a penalty.
    CrewChief often tells me about warnings for cutting the track, or some message from the race commission who wants us to keep within the white lines.

The online races in my Dutch Language racing club don't have penalties on (but there are after-race penalties for stubborn offenders).

Yesterday I raced online on an open server, and there, after a messy first turn, I got a penalty that got me kicked from the course by a pilot behind me, so now I know what it really means.

I wonder why I don't get those penalties in my single player races.
    Do I have to set 'slow down penalty' and 'black flag' or something? If not, what is the meaning of the 'black flag' option?

PS: after experiencing that penalty with its disastrous consequence I don't know if I really want it on in my private races, but I would like at least to understand how to enable it.

2. le_poilu

le_poilu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    There's one little rule to know about penalty in R3E :
    They only apply if you don't release the accelerator while going of track.
    If you release the gaz you'll not get penalized, if you stay flat out => slow down.
    It's the same for online or offline races.

Crewchief will only tell you when you go of track, it doesn't know if you get a slow down or not (but it will know if you get a drive through / stop and go)

3. Raaf

Raaf Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    Yes, I have read about that, but I often took that 1st turn at Hockeheim while going off track without taking my foot off the accelerator in my single player races, like I did yesterday, and never experienced that penalty, so it must be off in my private races.

4. le_poilu

le_poilu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    There's some turns you can go wide without being penalized.
    First turn at Hockenheim, same one at Red Bull Ring, etc

But, I think as I type... I don't recall myself if slow down can be used in single player mode.
    I think there's only drive through or stop and go.. Slow down may only apply in MP

5. Raaf

Raaf Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    The multiplayer penalty I got yesterday was at the first turn at Hockenheim.

OK, I will experiment a bit with a drive through penalty in single races.

Do you know the meaning of the Black Flag option?

6. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2.411 / 0 / -0
    Slow downs can be set in SP too. But did you use the same difficulty in SP as the server was using?
    Cause in the past there were different cut track rules for amateur and get real and I'm not sure if all of those got merged.

Black flag only means that there will be penalties and disqualifications, setting this to off will result in no penalties being handed out. So this must be activated in order to receive penalties in SP.
    There will be more flag rules introduced here, hopefully. ;)

7. Raaf

Raaf Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    OK, so I didn't get penalties because I didn't activate the black flag option. Thank you.
    I could have tried many races with all combinations of settings, but that is a bit too much like a job (such as that of a tester ;))

(I always use get real after the first few days I owned the game.
    I recently tried the novice option again in preparation to letting my grandson drive a lap, but I found it undriveble because the car seemed to have a will of its own before corners, ignoring my pedals.)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2.411 / 0 / -0
    No problem, you're welcome.

Yea, novice is... well I don't know why we need it to be honest. ;) Amateur is enough to keep unexperienced people on track I think.