Resolved - solved !!! only MP ranked, game shut´s down

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by AndreasAUT, Jan 29, 2021.

1. AndreasAUT

AndreasAUT Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    @Andi Goodwin
    Thx Andi for replying and trying to help. I will do more testing and collect all data / log file´s these days.
    I am willing to help to track down the issue, do you know of any tool to guard your activity on the computer?

2. AndreasAUT

AndreasAUT Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Ok, I write a little spreadsheet, over 2 days, I played 3h and everything was fine.
    Today, I had 2 multiplayer races and the game crashed ( one was that 1h race RedBull Ring GT3 ).
    I now know that this ALT F4 bug is not locked to VR since it happened to that spanish R3E streamer too ( he is using Monitors ).

I saved the logfiles from the race with the crash.

Ah and yeah, all scheduled task´s have been deactivated, drivers are up to date.

I hope this helps...

Attached Files:

3. tritonion

tritonion New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I've got a very similar problem. After an hour or so of racing, R3E just closes. I'm also using the Reverb G2 Vr headset.
    Raceroom in VR has worked fine for about 3 years with my old PC, which had a i7-3770 and GTX1060 6GB and 24GB RAM. I've been using it with the Acer AH101 WMR headset.
    Then, I think the first time was during the Bathurst ranked endurance event, Raceroom started crashing in VR during races. The HMD was only showing a blue screen (not a windows bluescreen), while Raceroom contined to run on the monitor, but stuttered and then closed itself. I didn't change anything obvious on my system, so it might be since some Raceroom, steamVR or WMR update.

I could never resolve this problem with my old PC, so as I wanted an upgrade anyway, my current specs are:
    Ryzen 5 5600X
    RTX 3070
    32GB RAM Kingston 3200
    MSI Pro-VDH Wifi
    Ethernet network connection 100 Mbit/s
    Nvidia driver 466.77

With the old Acer WMR headset, the same bug persisted even on the new and fresh computer. So as I wanted an upgrade to my old VR headset anyway, I purchased the Reverb G2.

But the bug still persists, even though it's a little different now. The HMD dosen't show a blue screen, but directly goes back to the steamVR background without crashing SteamVR itself, while Raceroom just closes. It happens randomly during races, but mostly after about an hour into the race. Attached you'll find my log files, a crash dump doesn't exist.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  4. AndreasAUT

AndreasAUT Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Ok, since I started this thread, ill continue my odyssee.
    Some times, the sim works nice, but when I do long races, its a 50/50 chance that the sim crashes.

Happened at Monza a few days ago. Suddenly, at the straight, the game froze. Sound was like repeating something 0,1 seconds, screen was black ( VR ) but I could still see my ingame overlay gauges ( the little version with gear, tyre´s symbol and so on ). Then the sim just shut down.

Today, I tried to race the long race at Spa, GTR4. I joined at practice, drove a bit in the qualy but when the sim changed from qualy to the race, i got an error message ( didnt happen in Monza ) and the sim got closed.

I will attach the crash log file to this and hope, it can help you.

Now I try the sim on XP sp3 again ( tomorrow or so ). Strange thing is, short 15 min races are working most time...

cheers
    Andreas

Attached Files:

5. AndreasAUT

AndreasAUT Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Btw i have changed my gpu from a zotac extreme 1070 to an 6900xt, the bug with closing the game is still here. Sometimes i can drive 1-2 races and then the game closes fromself.

Using compatibility mode ( for excample Win8 ) gives me horrible frame spikes. However, I went to my installed RR folder, clicked the RRR.exe file, opened the compatibility tab and enabled "disable fullsize optimisation" ( dont know if its the correct name since my win is in german ) and I did an 1,20 hour challenge without a crash.
    Personally, I think i was just lucky and this isnt a fix, well ill keep you updated anyways.

6. AndreasAUT

AndreasAUT Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Gamer Muscle played RR on his 3x screen and 2 minutes ago, his game closed while streaming, exactly like it does in my case. So the bug is NOT related to VR.

PS: If there is some debug tool to run, i dont have a problem trying to help to find the problem.

7. Robert Hermann

Robert Hermann New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Andreas is right. Definately no VR issue. I have the problem either way.
    i deleted my hardrive and did a clean install of everything, with only RR plus Thrustmaster drivers on it. No changes, same issue. It seems to work for a while when the pc was just restarted and then it crashes when i press the esc button to get back to the pits. Happens in ranked competitions, race and hotlap.

btw, still no answer on my support ticket from three or four weeks ago.

8. AndreasAUT

AndreasAUT Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Well Robert, we have different bugs. Yours happen when you press the "Esc" button, mine just quits the sim while driving by self.
    Strangely, since I have selected "disable fullscreen optimization" at my RRR.exe, i have done 3 races and a few hotlaps without a problem. ( personally, I dont think this was the fix, im just lucky ). The only other thing i have changed so far was the step from my HTC vive to an Oculus Quest 2 ( which i highly recommend btw ).

9. Robert Hermann

Robert Hermann New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    i have the same like you now. Back to desktop with no comment.
    This was the first time for me wihout any error message. I think i leave R3E for a while, makes no sense and is really boring.

10. fear factor

fear factor New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I think your crash problem has also a coincidence to my black screen problem.
    The black srcreen (is not really a crash) is also present in non-vr. So i would say its not really a VR related problem

11. AndreasAUT

AndreasAUT Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I had not rly hopes anymore to fix this bug. ( just quick again, my bug just closed RRR without a crash report or an error message popup ). And I definitely know now that this bug is not only to VR users related, it happened to an famous UK streamer with 3x screens too.

So, how did i fix it?

First off all, I updated my Fanalabs to the latest driver.
    Beside that, I disabled fullview optimization for raceroom - you can find this when you rightclick your RR logo, go to properties, compatibilty mode and there you find that "Windows feature". Since I did these two steps, I no longer have game crashes anymore. I can now do several races without a problem! Maybe this will help you too, if so, please put a quick answer to this thread.

( my new problem now is that my quest 2 drains the battery, even with an active USB3 cable connected :-D )

• Informative Informative x 1