Some questions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kostadin Kostadinov, Jan 22, 2016.

1. Kostadin Kostadinov

Kostadin Kostadinov Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +84 / 0 / -0
    I will post some questions I have for the game here, hoping someone more knowledgeable can help. I will add new ones in time, since at the moment I can't remember all I was going to ask.

- Is there any tyre deformation modeling?
    I can swear in replays I can see the bottom of the tire looking squished, and since the writing on the sidewall looks squished too it might not be just clipping.

- Mr. Belowski keeps nagging me about my water and oil temperatures, is there any real modeling for these and what are the consequences?
    Usually I ignore him and keep driving like an idiot and so far nothing bad has happened. Also what am I doing wrong to have the temps high in the first place. BTW @mr_belowski great app, it has upped my enjoyment of the game exactly 32,47%, I will make a donation soon.

- While we or the subject of tires I know the indicator is wrong and 90% should be something like 0%, but can I have a puncture if I continue abusing them and does someone know when the steep decline happens and if there is any at all?

• Like Like x 3
  2. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    1 yes.

3 this is all subject to change soon with the big ui overhaul that is coming. also there is a steep decline in grip at mid to low 80's

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2016
  3. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    - water and oil temps...

The game has weird water and oil temps which are far too low to be realistic (after some hard racing laps in some cars, the oil is still only 60 Celsius - like the radiator in the car is far far too efficient). The app would *never* warn about these if I used realistic values. To add a bit of immersion and trigger the occasional warning, the app records the temps for a couple of minutes after the car's warmed up and uses these as a 'baseline'. If the temps increase more than 10 or 20 celsius (I forget the exact amounts) above that baseline then it triggers a warning. Which should be ignored ;)

I might remove this or add an option to turn it off (there might already be one actually).

It shouldn't be nagging, and if it is that's a bug.

Tyres can a do go off but I think since the latest patch (which removed hidden tyre wear scaling in shorter races) you won't see this as much as you used to

• Informative Informative x 2
  4. shardshunt

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    try the e30 gr a.

5. Kostadin Kostadinov

Ratings:
    +84 / 0 / -0
    Whoa, that was fast. Thanks guys!

@mr_belowski you remind me about that (oil and water) in every race, about once or twice for the whole duration. Also I will use this chance to tell you in person - No! You're a second slower in sector 1! Since I scream it at the app every other night :)

About 1, is it officially confirmed? I'm happy I'm not seeing things. Also is it only visual or does it affect the physics and the contact patch size ?

About 3, so no punctures in any way or form ?

6. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Tyres do deform, officially. ;)
    I think it affects the physics but I'm not using dashmeter or something that shows pressures and such, so I'm not 100 % sure. Peter should know for sure. I doubt it will affect the contact patch size tho...

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. shardshunt

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    no puntures. its one of thoes things that really doesnt add much as its usually not the drivers fault if a tire blows. instead we have gearbox and engine damage atm which punishes people who hit the wall.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Kostadin Kostadinov

Ratings:
    +84 / 0 / -0
    Thanks again, punctures are not something that I think will add a lot to the sim. Just wanted to know if I have to worry about them.

• Like Like x 1
  9. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,043 / 0 / -0
    AC features breaking puncture. Thats's a good point imo. You automatically break more carefully, because soon you get vibrations in the wheel.

10. shardshunt

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    you mean flat spots?

11. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,043 / 0 / -0
    Exactly, sorry for the wrong explanation

12. Mich Angel

Mich Angel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    I'm using dashmeter and as I like to play around some time burning rubber slipping and sliding on the edge, I have noticed on most car the degradation on hot and worn tires really make the car totally undrivable if you push it to far.
    When you notice los in grip it is time to eas of the throttle and start breaking litle earlier so the temperature goes down and you gain back some grip again... But are the tires worn out there is only a pitstop that can save the race.. :p I like that for it make you think twice in long races to push to har to long.. Gearbox and engine damage from crashing or over reving to long with no gear is not uncommon, and yeah it is posible to crash the engine from overheating oil and water.. I've unwillingly succeeded... on all points :p
    Of cause for this to work proper you need drive get real mode and all set option set to max (on) and realistic damage...
    and so on...
    Happy racing ;)