Sooooo... whats your least favorite track?

Dieses Thema im Forum "General Discussion" wurde erstellt von MsportDan, 31. Dezember 2015.

1. ::SKRO::

::SKRO:: Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    Moscow for me. It's just a seasickness-induced experiment. It kills your stomach and mojo at the same time.

2. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    The track I least like is any that have not been Sector3'd, chuck a few competitors on any of 'em and they become fun, even Indy and Lausitz, just!

3. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Compared to a few in here, I really like Paul Ricard, despite not being a fan in real life. I assumed I'd hate it but tried itnon a free weekend and loved the flow.

On the opposite note, I really struggle with Slovakiaring, all the corners seem roughly the same to me and I never feel like I can hit a rhythm. Moscow is a pretty awful track layout too, for anything more powerful than a touring car. Although I love the track, I always struggle at Salzburgring as I can never hook up those final corners. The winner (/loser) for me though is modern Hockenheim; it just has no redeeming features and the track just feels artificially designed.

Favourites: Norisring, Spa, Bathurst, Laguna Seca...... actually, scratch that, this list would be too long.

4. Glen Kabis

Glen Kabis Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +199 / 0 / -0
    Definitely the 2 longer Moscow layouts for me, I just can not find the rhythm on that track at all. The smaller layout that DTM 2013 uses isn't bad as it eliminates the entire strange back section.

5. Stefan Mizzi

Stefan Mizzi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +625 / 0 / -0
    Definitely Moscow, I could not do more that 2 laps when I tried it as was so bored of it...

6. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5.041 / 0 / -0
    Same as Glen, I have a problem with Moscow. I just can't be fast there.

Liking a track or not for me depends a lot on if I find the pace. If I'm slow of course I'm going to be blaming it on the track :)

I used to not like Slovakiaring until I had a race there with DTM'92 cars that forced me to learn it properly. I had some good fun and it changed my views on it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Bartosz Janus

Bartosz Janus Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    For me Zandvoort and Spa are the greatest so many good memories here :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. William Wester

William Wester Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    Least favorite Spa, one of two tracks I haven't purchased. I prefer smaller tracks (exception Nordschleife) like Zolder, Lime Rock, Mid Ohio, Laguna Seca, Zandvoort, Norisring.

9. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Doing a first DTM 14 SP Championship months ago I was frustrated cause I was way behind at Moscow compared to my performance at other tracks - but my "drivers pride" couldn't allow to suck there and so I practised and practised to correctly "read" the track, found a decent setup and voila ! mastered it within my skillset. Its still a very exhausting experience to race it but my adversity changed into acceptance :)

10. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1.042 / 0 / -0
    Least wanted and most wanted are all the same.
    In the morning at 5:00, when I go to work it's bad, in the evening, when I come home it's fine!
    Sadly open road, but in the evening lots of cars, hardly to pass, multiclass, changing conditions, sometimes rain, in winter dark , good race!:D
    In game 1+ for Moscow dislike

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Jll02

Jll02 Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0

Which experience and/or track is this? I must have it!

12. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1.042 / 0 / -0
    It's an extension of the Norisring, cause living near Nürnberg:p available for omegatesters;)
    EDIT: it's DailyTrafficMadness-pack

• Agree Agree x 1
    Zuletzt bearbeitet: 4. Januar 2016
  13. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    Most hated is a toss-up between Moscow and Norisring.
    Moscow has, as others have stated, absolutely no flow to it.
    And Norisring.....c'mon now, that's not a track. That's a bit of road with a handful of K-rails scattered about.. :D

14. Alice Margatroid

Alice Margatroid Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +56 / 0 / -0
    I have to say I am annoyed at euro speedway and indy, as I would like the ovals just for the fun of it. and I dislike moscow cause its just kinda weird for me. I also loath race room raceway. mostly because it makes all the cars sexy and hard not to buy x.x

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Rella

Rella Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    Moscow...just can't find the rhythm or any flow on it. The wintercup confirms this once more.

16. Clapper

Clapper Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133 / 0 / -0
    I have to say that I love Moscow. The sprint layout is technical and the full layout is high-speed goodness. I find it needs a more understeer-y setup to help control the power-on oversteer out of the slow corners and in the beautiful technical section.

To answer the question: I don't hate any tracks! Ok, I don't enjoy racing on Hockenheim and Redbull Ring all the time in MP but I don't hate the tracks.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1.013 / 0 / -0
    I don't hate Moscow Raceway but I consider it one of Tilke's least successful designs. The problem, as many others have said, is the lack of flow. From the exit of turn 3 until the exit of turn 14 (the start of the penultimate straight), the circuit is, in my opinion, an awkward, disjointed complex of second/third gear corners punctuated by very short straights. Very tedious and frustrating to drive.

Moscow doesn't feature a single fast, sweeping corner which I feel every good circuit needs one or two of. Perhaps a simpler circuit layout with less corners would have been more beneficial?

One big positive for Moscow is turn 3 which is one of my favourite corners in the game. It reminds of a couple of similar turns at Valencia. I like corners that require trail-braking.

18. Sayjimwoo

Sayjimwoo Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Paul Ricard for me too and for the same reasons as above :)

19. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    Norisring and Red Bull Ring. I just don't like tracks with long straights and few corners.

20. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Despite the fact I bought it immediately after release (actually based on my experience with the 70's Layout I raced with a conversion for GTR 2 ) I have to admit it's a Test-Track not neccessarily a Racetrack....
    Norisring : Please have mercy with us Germans, Norisring is the only (slotcar design-) "Citycourse" we have....and with modern DTM it's a lot of fun.
    Hey and even because of the simple layout you easily might underestimate it. It's not sooo easy to get a good time (incl.proper line and setup) there ;)

• Like Like x 2