Problem Steering out of sync with wheel input

Dieses Thema im Forum "Community Support" wurde erstellt von Smashley, 7. Oktober 2020.

1. Smashley

Smashley New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It's been a frustrating last few months with this game. Rarely can I just start the thing up and go driving, there's always some issue i.e. I'm suddenly missing all the cars/tracks I've purchased (multiple times). Servers are down (and not for scheduled maintenance) etc. I've got close to 200 hours in-game and have spent over $200AUD buying all the content over the last 12 months or so. It's pretty frustrating when every session is derailed (or lost) spending ages trying to fix problems or waiting for the service to become available.

My latest issue is the steering in-game not matching my wheel input i.e. I turn the wheel 180 degrees and it's only turned 90 degrees in-game (and not just the animation, also the car's actual steering), so I'm having to steer twice as much as necessary to get the desired result. This happened a few months ago (I had a different wheel, a G29, back then) and a couple of restarts fixed it. Not this time, I've restarted the game about 10 times, and my computer several times, and have now given up for the night. No racing done.

I am using a Fanatec CSW v2.5 with F1 esports wheel. Steering in the Fanatec settings is 900 degrees (although I tried Auto and 360 too, no change). In-game steering is set to "Match Setup", steering sensitivity 50%. In short, the same settings that they've always been, unless something has changed magically by itself.

The problem appeared in both an ongoing championship and a practice session. Cars affected were the DTM 2016 Audi and the FR-X17.

Anyone have any ideas? I'll appreciate any advice. All my ideas involve changing settings, and as far as I can tell they're all correct. I suppose I'll just try again on the weekend and it'll magically work as normal (if the servers are online).

2. V10_Dog

V10_Dog Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I think there is the option to set the steering angles in the car setup screen as well. Have you already tried that?

3. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1.948 / 0 / -0
    A quick fix for this would be to change your steering sensitivity from the default 50%, to 100%.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Smashley

Smashley New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I did this and it works for now, thanks.

But 50% is supposed to be the "correct" setting, right? That's what it's always been. So there's still a problem of some kind behind the scenes?

Anyway, if that fixes the problem I'll keep working with it. Thanks again.

5. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1.948 / 0 / -0
    Yes, but at least for now that's working for you.

I suspect there is some issue with the controller profile somewhere. You should always have the Fanatec rotation set to auto with the CSW 2.5, so revert to that first and it can be counted out. Then I'd suggest backing up your controller profile and creating a new one from the default and see how that goes.

I do have a csw 2.5 for testing and the times I've found the wheel rotation is not matching was due to one of the reasons above.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Smashley

Smashley New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the help Alex (and V10_Dog). I'll play around a bit more before my next session. I'll let you know if I have any further issues.

7. Oscar Santamaria RIco

Oscar Santamaria RIco New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    a mi pasa que tenia en la configuracion de zona muerta del volante del 10, la puse en 0 pero cuando voy a una carrera sigue estando la zona muerta en el volante

8. John Brandow

John Brandow Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Was there ever an official fix for this? I am struggling with the same issue.