The Project CARS thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ::SKRO::, May 7, 2015.

1. ::SKRO::

::SKRO:: Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    Correct

2. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    AC on sale for 24$ at steam....

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    That's a good price for it. It's worth that. Gotta get the dream pack too though. The Nord is easily worth it.

4. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    I'm not sure I would have got it for this price either, knowing what I know now..
    AC is just not fun with the lame AI, and hot lapping gets boring quite quick!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Emerson Meyer

Emerson Meyer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0
    Pcars effect.

6. Eric Rowland

Eric Rowland Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +67 / 0 / -0
    I know that's right!

7. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    It's not so easy to hire good programmers. I'd think the situation is a bit harder than for content artists (though good people are always hard to find in all professions). Since the existence of the s3s website, they have two job offers up for programmers. Sweden has several high profile game studios, so there is probably a healthy competition in getting people. And given the company is small, you have to find a person that fits as well... and as they need generalists, that person really needs to care about the game's genre to stay motivated and happy.

Agreeing with most people that the situation becomes in a way "worse", given the base of the game is really good and feature vs content is risking to drift too much apart. But all we can do atm is hope they find good people that allow quicker progress, spread the word...

• Like Like x 2
  8. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    Its worth $24 to me just to drive those little red Italian Sports cars around with the Horsies on the hood (particularly the GT car) I agree on the AI though.

9. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +130 / 0 / -0
    Good points, yet I am still wondering if S3S can afford that. I hope I am wrong, but people bought content, money went in, salaries paid, licensing fees paid, life goes on. What's next? How to fund further development? Release more packs? I am not buying them till fundamentals are there (weather + small things missing). Sorry, I already spent most I ever spent on a game on R3E, and now I'll wait. But I really want S3S to succeed, don't get me wrong. Probably real issue is that relatively not many people care about real life series as about fancy cars with over the top graphical effects, and cheesy radio chat.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    Top 6 Facebook Racing Sims / Games (8 pm, 19-05-2015)

1. Simraceway = 587.128 Likes ... because of the huge free content
    2. iRacing = 84.596 Likes ... because of the NASCAR and Indycar licenses
    3. Project CARS = 63.833 Likes ... because of the kids
    4. Assetto Corsa = 50.419 Likes ... because of the F1 Fans
    5. rFactor2 = 24.807 Likes ... because of rFactor1
    6. R3E = 14.757 Likes ... because of ???

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: May 19, 2015
  11. 2Lame2Aime

2Lame2Aime Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +75 / 0 / -0
    It's a shame, even the patch which should have improved Ai didn't do anything. But I'm sure R3E will do it mutch better :)

Some players are complaining because of missing "main-features" in R3E. In my opinion the key features of a sim are realistic physics, good FFB and AI.
    You can have great races with these elements, but with these missing and instead having dynamic wheather/time, pit stopps and a career mode you will always miss something.

12. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    I think R3E delivers good enough physics, ffb and AI as it is. (The AI in R3E blows most of the competitors by a mile already!)
    It can always improve (and surely will), but I have had a blast for well over 300 hours in this state.
    I find other lacking features being implemented as far more important.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    I would suggest because of www.fastfacelikes.com or similar ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. 2Lame2Aime

2Lame2Aime Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +75 / 0 / -0
    Ok I think you missunderstood me totally:D...I wanted to say that most people are complaining that features like dynamic weather etc are missing in R3E but in my opinion things like physics, ffb and Ai are more important. So R3E has these features and makes a lot fun driving. Pcars (which is not bad at all), flashes people with "extras" like graphics, dynamic weather/time etc. but elemental stuff is "neglected".

• Like Like x 1
  15. machwebb

machwebb Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    I can't get PCars feedback sorted... And tbh... I'm bored of trying... So over-rated.

• Like Like x 1
  16. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    I'm still yet to play PCARS. I think the lack of a demo or trial session is quite poor by SMS. It's not a game I'm prepared to pay for blindly. Opinion is mixed to say the least, which isn't convincing me at all.

Even without playing PCARS I do wonder if it will be a flash in the pan much like the Shift games that went before. They were all about glossy visuals, lots of content and some nice features but, ultimately, they were unsatisfying games, riddled with flaws.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. machwebb

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    I'm close to uninstalling tbh, i haven't bothered with the 'modified code' yet. you can try mine mate...

• Like Like x 1
  18. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    I might take you up on that offer mate. Trouble is, I'm without a wheel right now. Just sold my Fanatec and will be getting a T300 in a couple of weeks.

• Like Like x 1
  19. machwebb

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    No worries maan.... Just pop round if ya want...

• Like Like x 1
  20. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Who needs Pcars?? ;)

[​IMG]
    It could have been alright, but they messed it up so badly with the dreadful AI and lame flag rules.. .:eek:

• Like Like x 4